Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owners handbook describes two systems manual or automatic registration. My electron seems to be automatic. Does this mean the positive is manual?
I bought cheap valves on Ebay that claimed to be 2012-2017 but they don't work. In desperation I have bought a manual coder but I don't have much hope that it will work.
Looking at other suppliers there is a different type for mk2 cars and the old ones are much pricier.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're self-registering, unlike the USA ones which need manual coding AFAIK. Thread here:
Tyre pressure sensors
Yes I have seen the thread but the reccomeded ones seem to be unavailable. Fortunately it seems possible to swap them without loosing the balance, see YouTube. Hopefully the supplier will come up with a solution.

·
Registered
Kia eNiro 4+, White
279 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Raising an old topic, having decided to renovate some spare wheels that I bought a while back and kit one out as a 'spare wheel' - I searched the Internet for a genuine Ampera TPMS valve and found this:
13348393 TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor for Opel Zafira C Astra Insignia 433MHz E9X9 | eBay a bargain at £13.55.

However, I am suspicious! The image below is a close up of the item listed from a Chinese seller on eBay.
Note the fact that the moulded lettering states "MADE IN UK" and "SCHRADER ELECTPONICS" - I doubt that a UK manufacturer would have spelled electronics like that?

·
Registered
Kia eNiro 4+, White
279 Posts
LOL.
The ones I bought are still available and dirt cheap on AliExpress.

That ebay one is lookin a bit dubious - but for 13.55 its worth a punt. The only issue is that the tyre has to come off. So assuming £15.00 for tyre off and on again - that' 38.55 to test with another £15.00 + new unit if it doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...106k 91.0 and rising
145 Posts
An odd thing happened the other day. Pulling up at a junction, the TPMS told me I had low pressure in front o/s wheel. Two thoughts: what a helpful system and sh*t I've got a puncture. A quick look at the wheel and it seemed OK. Turned the control to the TPMS display and all four reading nominal, and the message had disappeared and no messages stored on the driver display. Hasn't happened since. Is this normal behaviour?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,601 Posts
An odd thing happened the other day. Pulling up at a junction, the TPMS told me I had low pressure in front o/s wheel. Two thoughts: what a helpful system and sh*t I've got a puncture. A quick look at the wheel and it seemed OK. Turned the control to the TPMS display and all four reading nominal, and the message had disappeared and no messages stored on the driver display. Hasn't happened since. Is this normal behaviour?
I had that occasionally, never an issue, but the low tyre pressure warning popped up although, like you, checking the display and having a look they all looked fine. It was the same when I got home and checked the pressures.

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...106k 91.0 and rising
145 Posts
Wonder if its when the batteries are starting to go flat. Most of them will be of an age that that ought to be an issue
Yes, that was my thinking too. I was planning to get the Dremel out when the time comes - there must be some sort of button cell in there somewhere.

Oh yes! There is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts