Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Opel Ampera early 2012 model and software update done. I only get 8.5kWh out of the hybris battery. Is there any way to get lost capacity back somehow.

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Volt
71 Posts
It’s important to fully deplete the battery and then fully recharge it the first few times following the update. Have you done that? I didn’t notice much of a change after mine was done in the summer (used to get 10.2kw). But I’ve noticed recently it’s gone down to 9.8kw or 9.5kw per charge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s important to fully deplete the battery and then fully recharge it the first few times following the update. Have you done that? I didn’t notice much of a change after mine was done in the summer (used to get 10.2kw). But I’ve noticed recently it’s gone down to 9.8kw or 9.5kw per charge
I’ve done that about a month and no change

·
Registered
34 Posts
Take a look at this threads:

You can increase the battery capacity index value by doing a slow discharge or by running in mountain mode, but the value quickly goes down again after driving in electric only for a few sessions.

I even tried to do a battery capacity reset / relearn with VCX Nano and repeat this procedures. Battery display usage goes up (I managed to get 9.1 kWh one time) but once you start using only battery it goes down again to 8.7 (in my case).

I'm convinced only with a reflash to a previous software version will the 10kWh be available again.

·
Registered
2012 Ampera
42 Posts
IMHO, what new version of software does is protecting GM from replacing your battery under warranty by robbing you some range. Basically, if one of cells sags too much, it will call it quits earlier than before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts