Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight years ago today I went to Eden Vauxhall near Bournemouth for a test drive of an Ampera, my first drive in an electric car. I bought one the next month, and eventually sold it to another member on here in 2017 when I bought my Tesla. It's amazing how much things have moved on with EVs and charging infrastructure in those 8 years, and the changes are accelerating!

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
I was a year and a half behind you. Picked my Ampera up in March 2014. I sold mine in November 2017 but haven't quite made the Tesla stretch yet. Huge change in the last few years.

Reactions: TJEV and hopbackguy

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was a year and a half behind you. Picked my Ampera up in March 2014. I sold mine in November 2017 but haven't quite made the Tesla stretch yet. Huge change in the last few years. View attachment 134911
I see a white one like that every other day round here, it lives within half a mile of me :)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
And the Ampera is still unbeaten in the PHEV category. Amazing how far ahead GM were at the time, and it’s still a real shame we never got the Chevy Bolt in RHD.

I very much enjoyed my drive in one (thanks @Spiny) and would gladly have one if I lived somewhere with no home charging.

Interesting you went to a Tesla and stuck with it - I guess the S must be a better product than the 3

Reactions: hopbackguy

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the Ampera is still unbeaten in the PHEV category. Amazing how far ahead GM were at the time, and it’s still a real shame we never got the Chevy Bolt in RHD.

I very much enjoyed my drive in one (thanks @Spiny) and would gladly have one if I lived somewhere with no home charging.

Interesting you went to a Tesla and stuck with it - I guess the S must be a better product than the 3
Oh yes the S is very different indeed to the 3 in many ways. Not "better" as such, just different, for a slightly different market.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
HG62 now lives in Wiltshire with my sister, having been owned by my friend since you sold it to R Symonds... She loves the car and doesn't have any plans to replace it for the moment.

Reactions: GJO and hopbackguy

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HG62 now lives in Wiltshire with my sister, having been owned by my friend since you sold it to R Symonds... She loves the car and doesn't have any plans to replace it for the moment.
Thats great to know! Still have a real soft spot for the car, such a brilliant piece of technology, wasted by GM :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts