Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum and went to Bevob two days later. Got loads of info including the fact that my brake vacuum pump was too noisy. So I checked it out and it is under the rear boot. It is indeed cracked. There was a safety recall for half the I-Mievs made for exactly such an occurrence but mine wasn't one of them.
So new part £400+vat and Mitsubishi haven't sold one in this country before.
I started thinking are electric cars ever broken after accidents because this bit would probably survive ok. It could be quite a saving or would it be better to go for the guaranteed part?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was registered November 2009, well out of all but the battery warranty (which I have had checked by Mitsubishi and is "ok").

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Still seems a little fishy that you have the problem that the recall was supposed to fix.
I'm sure that you have grounds to argue that yours was missed out of the recall process (after all, they don't always know which cars the parts have gone into) !
Seems a bit harsh otherwise, as it's hardly a 'normal' wearing part .....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I phoned Mitsubishi Uk and they confirmed the car was not in a recall and I needed to get the part from a dealer. Looks like I will have to pay up, but on the plus side it is no more than a clutch/gearbox/service/exhaust/rebore/3 months of petrol/etc.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts