Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got one? They look amazing, plenty of different colours to match your exterior. How’s the app work, everyone happy with it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place the “vendors” sections looks like companies to post advertising info?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinking the same, then I checked the App Store reviews for the app and it’s not pretty.

Still not decided 100% what to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I E-Mailed them a few times when choosing my EV point and never got a response. That to me even at a pre-sales stage is an indicator of things to come so decided against proceeding with an Andersen charger.

It seems there's no 'perfect' charger, but some are better than others. I ended up getting a Schneider EVLink charger after picking it up on eBay cheap and I'm happy with that. Otherwise I was looking at Zappi or Project EV.

Is there specific requirements you're after? Is the aesthetics the most important factor?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I’ve seen the app ratings, only 7 responses so hoping the happy users haven’t replied.
Just seen there bringing their own in-house installers in, might make everything more slick.

I can’t see much difference between all chargers, just wanna be able to track my usage, the aesthetics is definitely swaying it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've got one - they're expensive, they look nice, the charger does what it says on the tin, the app connectivity is a bit flaky sometimes which can be annoying. Customer service is hit and miss, they are competent but I get the impression it's a very small number of people who find themselves slightly overwhelmed with how it's all got so big so quickly. Stuff gets sorted once you've got their attention is how I would describe it. Whether you'll consider one worthwhile is really down to how much the aesthetics mean to you. Kind of like a Bang and Olifsen stereo. My partner decided it was worth it for us, so we got one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As above people that have them it’s due to looks. Actual quality apps or features it’s Zappi or Ohme. Probably best getting a wood box built for ohme. Best of price,looks,and functionality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They have just released a new app called Kønnect+ which seems very reliable so far. Features are limited but they are rolling out regular updates. The previous app was a bit flakey and they designed the new one from the ground up in response to customer complaints.
I’ve found customer support ok but best if you phone and speak to someone

·
Registered
9 Posts
How long have you had yours Kev?
I've had mine for about 6 months. it was the looks and the ability to coil and hide up the cable that I liked. I had some early issues get the unit linked to my online account (the app worked but I couldn't access the Konnect website) and more recenlty they replaced the main board which was handled quickly and efficiently. Depsite these couple of problems I would probably buy again.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
It was the looks and the ability to coil and hide up the cable that I liked.
To me those are its two advantages. However, I'm not willing to pay the price both financial and with the (old) app and support to get them, but each to their own.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve heard they’ve got a contract/agreement with Porsche and Jaguar so would explain why there increasing there workforce. I can’t see those car manufacturers putting up with poor customer service so hopefully there’s some guarrentees in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had mine for about 6 months. it was the looks and the ability to coil and hide up the cable that I liked. I had some early issues get the unit linked to my online account (the app worked but I couldn't access the Konnect website) and more recenlty they replaced the main board which was handled quickly and efficiently. Depsite these couple of problems I would probably buy again.
What’s the app experience like Kevin? Is it better than the App Store reviews make out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What’s the app experience like Kevin? Is it better than the App Store reviews make out?

I actually never had much of a problem with the old app although it was a bit slow at times.

the new app is much more responsive but a bit lacking in features currently but they are continuing to develop and will be releasing additional features in the next couple of weeks. An email from them yesterday said:

Next Release
We will soon deliver solar charging, adaptive fuse load managing and charge reporting into the app in future updates that we expect to release within the next two weeks.

Currently it has a scheduler which allows multiple different schedules to be added for different days or on a weekly basis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts