Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
My A2 appears to have been updated from firmware 160 to 178. I had a RCB trip on another electrical connection at the property which seemed to make it stop charging for some reason, or it might have been pure coincidence.

Anyway, firmware 178 appears to have cured the inverted internal light problem. The light on mine is now off totally (not just dim) when the flap is closed, and on when it is opened. It does not illuminate instantly, it goes through "steps" (if that makes sense).

EDIT: Tell a lie, now the light comes on full brightness instantly when flap is opened and switches off instantly when flap closed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My A2 appears to have been updated from firmware 160 to 178. I had a RCB trip on another electrical connection at the property which seemed to make it stop charging for some reason, or it might have been pure coincidence.

Anyway, firmware 178 appears to have cured the inverted internal light problem. The light on mine is now off totally (not just dim) when the flap is closed, and on when it is opened. It does not illuminate instantly, it goes through "steps" (if that makes sense).

EDIT: Tell a lie, now the light comes on full brightness instantly when flap is opened and switches off instantly when flap closed.
Mine seems to be working again now...but how do I determine the firmware version? Nothing on the unit and can't see any settings / report in the app (iOS version). Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Another thing fixed it appears is the unit respecting Daylight Savings Time. Previously I had to set the timed charge in the app to 23:30 - 03:30 to handle the Octopus Go tariff, which actually starts an hour later. Now it seems to know the correct time.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts