Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
My A2 appears to have been updated from firmware 160 to 178. I had a RCB trip on another electrical connection at the property which seemed to make it stop charging for some reason, or it might have been pure coincidence.

Anyway, firmware 178 appears to have cured the inverted internal light problem. The light on mine is now off totally (not just dim) when the flap is closed, and on when it is opened. It does not illuminate instantly, it goes through "steps" (if that makes sense).

EDIT: Tell a lie, now the light comes on full brightness instantly when flap is opened and switches off instantly when flap closed.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My A2 appears to have been updated from firmware 160 to 178. I had a RCB trip on another electrical connection at the property which seemed to make it stop charging for some reason, or it might have been pure coincidence.

Anyway, firmware 178 appears to have cured the inverted internal light problem. The light on mine is now off totally (not just dim) when the flap is closed, and on when it is opened. It does not illuminate instantly, it goes through "steps" (if that makes sense).

EDIT: Tell a lie, now the light comes on full brightness instantly when flap is opened and switches off instantly when flap closed.
Mine seems to be working again now...but how do I determine the firmware version? Nothing on the unit and can't see any settings / report in the app (iOS version). Thanks.

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes the Ethernet cable comes out of the rear of the unit - in my installation it was a separate hole through the wall as the router happened to be right opposite where the unit sat on the outside wall. If the router wasn't adjacent the installer said he would have used a main service plug to route the signal through the house's internal wiring. He made up his own cable so the hole through the wall only needed to be big enough to fit the cable itself through.

The app seems fine, records charging sessions (time, total power etc) and looks like it retains the data for 50 days.

Installation was very professional and looks great...unfortunately the day before my car arrived the charger went on the blink and they are coming out next week to sort it! Customer service / response has been great so, provided its resolved quickly, I'd still have no problem recommending them.
Hi, I realise this is a very old thread and apologise in advance. Having just ordered an Anderson A2 they now tell me it can't take an ethernet connection and can only use wifi? Is yours still working on ethernet okay?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats correct. I’ve just looked at One straight out of the box and there is not a Ethernet cable option. WiFi only I’m afraid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats correct. I’ve just looked at One straight out of the box and there is not a Ethernet cable option. WiFi only I’m afraid.
Thanks for that. I find that bizarre as even their installation instructions say

The installation of the A2 must be done in a clear and secure environment.
The A2 requires 2 types of cable:
  • A network cable (RJ45 – network cable cat 5) depending on customer’s need (the A2 can also be connected via Wi-Fi).
I guess they may have changed something.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi, I realise this is a very old thread and apologise in advance. Having just ordered an Anderson A2 they now tell me it can't take an ethernet connection and can only use wifi? Is yours still working on ethernet okay?

Thanks
Mine is still working fine over ethernet...I'm not going to fiddle with it, but all good and the app gets better with every update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bizarre. It used to be that it was uncertain as to whether it had wireless still, not the other way around. Is there no port on current models?
Well this is the email I received from them

"Hi Philip,

Thanks very much for your order and for completing the install survey. We can confirm you fall under our standard installation criteria and will be in touch soon, with an exact install date. We anticipate this will be early August.

Unfortunately our units can only be connected to the internet via WiFi. We are looking into the possibility of an ethernet port that can be added retrospectively, however there is currently no time frame on this.

Kind regards,

Andersen Installation Team"

The annoying this was I filled out the install survey before ordering and made it clear I wanted it connected by ethernet and asked if the standard install covered this and received a reply back saying I was okay with their standard installation criteria with no mention that they couldn't connect with ethernet.

I've had no further replies to any of my other emails to them since and they are sat on £1054 of my money which they don't seem to be in a rush to give back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is the internals of a October 19 delivered unit. (You can see the Ethernet port)

This is a July 20 delivered unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clearly changed now.

When I pointed it out that on their website it said

• A network cable (RJ45 – network cable cat 5) depending on customer’s need (the A2 can also be connected via Wi-Fi).
they took the time to remove that but didn't take the time to reply to my emails.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Clearly changed now.

When I pointed it out that on their website it said

they took the time to remove that but didn't take the time to reply to my emails.
Their customer service (email replies) have been shocking over the last few months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In fairness they have now contacted me and told me they will be putting the ethernet port back in but will take a few weeks. No idea why they would take it out in the first place

·
Registered
423 Posts
In fairness they have now contacted me and told me they will be putting the ethernet port back in but will take a few weeks. No idea why they would take it out in the first place
Thank you
I have one on order so I am now going to insist on this.

Reactions: Durzel
41 - 60 of 61 Posts