Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are few sensors checking battery modules and inverter coolant temperatures but no ambient sensor unfortunately, as far as i know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Picture below proves main OBDII is operational... with descent software.
This is very useful information - thank you for posting. It does show proof of concept. Do you intend to share any code / guides relating to your efforts, or are you looking to develop a solution to sell?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m not a software developer, so i doubt i will make any software as a such. I can promise i will do as much testing work and will share as much technical details as possible so someone who is familiar with software development can create something all of us can use. I can see the easiest way is to use OVMS, they already have some API’s so anyone can create they own apps if they want. It is hard to convince descent developer to do something without proving the concept of making money.

At this time i can confirm that Gateway ECU goes in to sleep shortly after locking the car, blocking access to other ECUs. But i did some testing and can confirm that you can send certain request signal to wake it up again for the short period of time to get the information You require from Your car. After this it will go back to sleep mode.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Car Scanner Elm Obd2 is a very versatile app, with extensive profiles for several EVs and PHEVs. I used it with Kona, Niro, Zoe and Ampera. Maybe they can add MG ZS profile to the list of EVs?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts