Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to connect a Huawei phone to Android Auto successfully?

I have a P Smart 2019 on Android 10 with the latest version of AA and have tried everything to get it to connect with Android Auto in the car. All I get is the red screen error 11.
I've turned every communications feature on and off on the phone without a better outcome. I've tried the cable that came with the phone and known good cables, I've also tried wireless connection. All of the online suggestions to solve the issue fail miserably.

It's not the car as I can connect my old Android 7 phone with no issues.

I'm close to bouncing the phone off the wall in frustration. Please don't suggest that as a solution. 馃槃

Any help gratefully received.

Registered
I've got an Honor 10 (cheapskate Huawei) and had 2.1 installed earlier this week. I just popped out to the car and tried Android Auto, which worked ok. The VW implementation looks better than the Nissan version in my old Leaf 40. So, I can confirm that Android Auto does work on a Huawei manufactured phone using the cable VW supplied with the car.

Registered
If you've tried the other phone with a different cable then I'd focus on the cable.

I have Huawei P10Lite and it wouldn't work at all with any of my cables. So I ordered a good quality one and - Bingo.

Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
Have you tried deleting the cache and the data from Android Auto in 'Settings-Apps'.

I do not own a Huawei phone, but I believe that they have a rather enthusiastic power saving method that shuts down apps. You might need to check that Android Auto is not on this list.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used a Huawei mate 10 pro for three years with Android auto with no problems....just use a top quality and preferably short cable
If you've tried the other phone with a different cable then I'd focus on the cable.

I have Huawei P10Lite and it wouldn't work at all with any of my cables. So I ordered a good quality one and - Bingo.
I'm trying to connect with original cables from Huawei and Samsung phones. Same results. The older phone connected with every cable I've tried.

Have you tried deleting the cache and the data from Android Auto in 'Settings-Apps'.

I do not own a Huawei phone, but I believe that they have a rather enthusiastic power saving method that shuts down apps. You might need to check that Android Auto is not on this list.
Yup, cleared the cache and data from Android Auto, and any Google service that might interfere. Everything is running on the latest versions of the apps.

Registered
Has anyone managed to connect a Huawei phone to Android Auto successfully?

I have a P Smart 2019 on Android 10 with the latest version of AA and have tried everything to get it to connect with Android Auto in the car. All I get is the red screen error 11.
I've turned every communications feature on and off on the phone without a better outcome. I've tried the cable that came with the phone and known good cables, I've also tried wireless connection. All of the online suggestions to solve the issue fail miserably.

It's not the car as I can connect my old Android 7 phone with no issues.

I'm close to bouncing the phone off the wall in frustration. Please don't suggest that as a solution. 馃槃

Any help gratefully received.
Exactly the same here with my honor 8x. Looking at getting a stock android phone. I don't think it's the car.

Registered
VW ID3
Hi GoSub. Exactly the same problem with a p30 lite. Picked car up after 2.1 from dealers in Belfast. All other problems seem sorted but disappointed can't use Android Auto. Have used several different cables and cleared cache etc.

Registered
VW ID3 Tech v2.1
I'd never used Android Auto but I installed it on my Honor 20 Pro and it connected to the car fine. Both sounds and navigation were working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts