Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally all of my in car music is on USB
Can I use android Auto and have music plugged into the other USB or is it an either /or situation?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Generally all of my in car music is on USB
Can I use android Auto and have music plugged into the other USB or is it an either /or situation?
Thanks
Seems not.
According to the Multimedia User Manual :
"While you are using Android Auto, the following functions
are unavailable:
- Bluetooth audio
- USB and iPod modes
- Searches using the [< > ] knob
- Apple CarPlay"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a shame. Car nav and music or android Auto and nothing. We've been using android Auto on a hire car and it's pretty good

·
EV Wannabe
47 Posts
We had Waze and Spotify working seamlessly on a hired Golf with Android Auto. I think, I also tested the same functionality on a test drive of a Kona EV.

However how do you handle non-streamable audio? I adore Radio 4 comedy, buy the CD, rip to USB, have a huge amount of shows ready to listen to. Anything suitable compatible with Android Auto?

·
Registered
512 Posts
We had Waze and Spotify working seamlessly on a hired Golf with Android Auto. I think, I also tested the same functionality on a test drive of a Kona EV.

However how do you handle non-streamable audio? I adore Radio 4 comedy, buy the CD, rip to USB, have a huge amount of shows ready to listen to. Anything suitable compatible with Android Auto?
Just load the files on to your phone and use an Android Auto compatible audio player. If you've got loads of files you may need to get a phone with expandable storage.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
You can install AA on your phone and just use it on the phone screen if you like. It's good when you drive with the phone in a holder on the dashboard.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I am currently using Rocket Player on AA to play my ripped FLAC music on the Zoe Bose. Sounds very good, but seems to have some usability limitations - am checking with developer if I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can say "play music using [app name]" and it'll do it in use Google music (which seems to be all my songs stored on my phone) or Amazon music. Not tried others yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Waze works fine on android auto, no real difference to normal use. I use pocket casts for podcasts, also works fine for aa.

If you have multiple apps for a category, you can press the category icon again to get a list of apps installed so you can choose which to use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Music on phone via micro Sd. Will play on android auto via google play music. You can even "ok google" and ask for a specific track to play or ask it to play next track etc. Works great on my Ioniq.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts