Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still having issues connecting my phone to the car via Android Auto, and I'm wondering if it is because I haven't been able to connect to the car's wi-fi. I can see the car's wi-fi but it needs a password which I don't think I have - can anyone tell me where the password is?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now realizing my first post may have been a bit confusing (had to write it on mobile) - I'm asking if someone can tell me where to find the password to the ID.4's internal WiFi hotspot, as I believe that might be why I can't seem to easily connect to Android Auto... Is it in the manual somewhere? Should I have gotten it from the dealer when the car was delivered? Is there actually no password and I'm just crazy?

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
78 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't need to do any of that. I can't remember the exact steps, but I connected the phone via Bluetooth for the first time, and then either the phone itself asked if I wanted to use AA or I just had to press the App Connect option on the headset and then it asked me. It really wasn't any more complicated than that!

Maybe first check that "Wireless Android Auto" is enabled in the AA app (open it when not connected to your car and look in the settings, near the bottom) and then delete the Bluetooth pairing on both ends and try it again from scratch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it turns out the issue is indeed with our phones - according to Google, Andorid Auto Wireless only works on the following phones:
  • Any phone with Android 11.0.
  • A Google or Samsung phone with Android 10.0.
  • A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ or Note 8, with Android 9.0.
We both have Motorola phones with Android 10....

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
195 Posts
this is where all the firmware (official and unofficial) is usually located. In the forums and under the manufacturer, then select the device.
old phone often have new firmware the manufacturer never released (because they want to sell new phones)

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
So it turns out the issue is indeed with our phones - according to Google, Andorid Auto Wireless only works on the following phones:
  • Any phone with Android 11.0.
  • A Google or Samsung phone with Android 10.0.
  • A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ or Note 8, with Android 9.0.
We both have Motorola phones with Android 10....
Don't believe them, it doesn't work on my Samsung phone running Android 11 either ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
---edit---
Just realised your issue is with Wireless Android Auto, where as mine was with Wired Android Auto
----------

I've noticed on my phone that it works great the first time it's set up. But then after the car is restarted or the phone dis/reconnected it no longer recognises it for android auto.

A fix for my phone (Huawei P30 Pro)/car is
  1. Plug in phone (Won't show up for android auto)
  2. Turn off bluetooth on phone (Android auto should now be an option on the head unit)
  3. Re-enable bluetooth (So handsfree audio etc works)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts