Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we're due to take delivery of our new Mini Electric Level 2 in early June '21. I've looked around on t'internet about whether Android Auto is available yet (or just Apple Carplay) but there's not much out there.

I read that it was expected towards end of 2020, but did that happen?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After further investigation, it seems it is not on the horizon. However, I found that there is at least one workaround (from GitHub) to enable some functionality from Android phones such as playing from a music app with album covers on screen and control from the steering wheel etc.

That's not an issue for those who use Spotify, but we use Amazon Music so the workaround would be necessary.

Just another 2 months to wait for delivery and will then have a play around....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Android Auto not supported still although as you say has Spotify native and Alexa integration native. I've also seen people online 'hack' the infotainment. One bugbear is Apple Carplay is great but only shows 4:3 ratio even if you have the current widescreen infotainment display (level 3) but I have seen Ebay purchase hacks to enable widescreen Apple CarPlay.
Anyway answer to your problem is upgrade to an iPhone, you're getting a stylish car so get a stylish phone!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a general dislike of Apple phones and their iPads. I got a "swanky" new iPad from work a few years ago, but handed it back after a few months as it was bobbins.

Alexa integration would be handy, but I think that's only available on L3, unless things have changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts