Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question time.

When prompted over Android Auto I said no - normally I do not want to use it, however part of me wants to play. Is there an easy way to re-enage it and also an easy way to stop using it after? I regularly have the same phone plugged on to a USB cable but was prompted just the once.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you remove Android Auto from your phone and then reinstall it you should find the prompt will reappear as Android Auto will need to be re-enabled.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Silly question time.

When prompted over Android Auto I said no - normally I do not want to use it, however part of me wants to play. Is there an easy way to re-enage it and also an easy way to stop using it after? I regularly have the same phone plugged on to a USB cable but was prompted just the once.
Once it's activated it'll show an "Android Auto" button at the top of the screen, which you can happily ignore if you don't want to use it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. For reference for those in a simialr situation to me - it's a bit of a a faff, but only down to getting the right menu on the Easylink system and the requirements on Android Auto itself.
Tap on to the phone connectivy icon top right. Look at the menu option at the bottom of the screen and choose Devices. Next turn on the correct phone. Your phone will now respond and that was more of a PITA as Google can't code for toffee and you need to accept so many requests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts