Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got a few questions for someone that knows a lot about the Zoe. I currently drive a Vauxhall Astra which has android auto and I love it. I love Google maps, I like using the Google assistant when driving etc. However, I have seen that you can update the infotainment system to include AA. However I was just wondering, can you control it with the touchscreen when on the move or can you only operate it using your voice? I personally like to select playlists whilst on the go as I can never remember what I've called them!

Also, can all Renault Zoe's infotainment systems be updated to include android auto?

I hope someone can help!
Many thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
All Zoes either come with Android Auto enabled, or can have it enabled (the process for doing so is a little involved, and documented somewhere on this forum). In both cases you'll need a suitable phone - AA runs on the phone and treats the touchscreen like an external monitor. (Not sure if that's how you've been running it or if your Astra has it on-board.)

You control it via the touchscreen or by voice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I shall hunt around the forum for the documentation. I have been running AA through the touchscreen on my astra.

As for the touch screen, I was just curious about being able to use the touchscreen on the move as I'm sure some Mazda's touchscreens are disabled whilst driving for driver safety so they're not distracted. However I like being able to use the touchscreen and would find just using voice commands to navigate AA quote frustrating! It is good to know that it's possible though.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Mo1
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing