Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Android phone contacts and messages

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Knukes 
#1 ·
I have an Android phone and I have to manually switch on the download of phone contacts and messages every time I get in the e-niro. Does anyone else have the same problem as it drives me nuts?

I used to have Android 10, but now have Android 11 on the same phone and it still happens. I also unpaired and deleted the phone from the car and vice versa, but it still happened when I repaired them.

#2 ·
I have an Android phone and I have to manually switch on the download of phone contacts and messages every time I get in the e-niro. Does anyone else have the same problem as it drives me nuts?

I used to have Android 10, but now have Android 11 on the same phone and it still happens. I also unpaired and deleted the phone from the car and vice versa, but it still happened when I repaired them.
My KIA Soul EV 64kWh does not do this. The contacts are available everytime the phone connects to the car. I have a Galaxy S8 with Android 10

#4 ·
I'm getting the same issue. Do you have a partner whose phone is also pairing with the car.? In my case I have a feeling it's because my wife and I drive it alternately and it gets confused. Not looked too closely at it as it's just minor inconvenience.

#10 ·
No, slightly different, S9+ and Note 9, but that makes no difference, your contact list comes from your phone, and each phone is a different imei.. do you have 2 profiles set up in the car?

Tie the right phone to the right profile. When my wife wants her phone to call, I just turn the bluetooth off on mine... hers hooks up and her contact list shows.

You can actually tell the car which profile to use, but this is fewer button presses.

Greg

#15 ·
So, I have used my mobile (OP7T Pro) and it was correctly sharing contacts with the car since I bought it in Sep. Never had an issue.

Today, I was using AA, which I rarely do (almost never). Either AA dropped, or the fact that the phone was connected by cable or ... your guess is as good as mine. BUT after that I started getting this message every time I got in the car "Failed to download contacts from phone. Try again?". No matter how many times I clicked yes, it failed every time.

On the last attempt, instead of clicking "yes" (I wasn't moving any more), I opened my phone, entered Bluetooth settings and selected the cog next to the car connection. There were a number of toggle switches and the one next to contacts was disabled. Enabled it and it synced the contacts.

I did loose the favourites that I had previously setup, but will have to do that at a later time....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.