Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Android phone contacts and messages

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Knukes 
So, I have used my mobile (OP7T Pro) and it was correctly sharing contacts with the car since I bought it in Sep. Never had an issue.

Today, I was using AA, which I rarely do (almost never). Either AA dropped, or the fact that the phone was connected by cable or ... your guess is as good as mine. BUT after that I started getting this message every time I got in the car "Failed to download contacts from phone. Try again?". No matter how many times I clicked yes, it failed every time.

On the last attempt, instead of clicking "yes" (I wasn't moving any more), I opened my phone, entered Bluetooth settings and selected the cog next to the car connection. There were a number of toggle switches and the one next to contacts was disabled. Enabled it and it synced the contacts.

I did loose the favourites that I had previously setup, but will have to do that at a later time....

Interestingly, I turned off Wireless Android Auto in the Android Auto settings on my phone and now the contacts and messages are working all the time.
But there is no wireless AA in e-Niro or Soul... :unsure:

I will try it when I have to use AA via cable next time. Maybe the wireless option messes with things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.