Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem in that when my contacts are synced with the car (MY20), when I go to make a call, I see duplicate telephone numbers for most people. This means that I have to select which number I want to call before the call is placed, even though the two numbers are the same. It’s hard to know if it’s a problem with the car or with my phone.

My Android 10 phone, stores contacts from my Google account and from my WhatsApp contacts. These contacts are merged, so that there appears to be just one contact, imported from Google and WhatsApp. Some contacts do not have a WhatsApp account, and they only show once in the car. If I unlink the accounts where there is a WhatsApp entry, I end up with two contacts per person – obviously not a good idea. If I then delete the WhatsApp contact, the number only appears once in the car for the remaining contact.

My guess is that the phone actually stores two entries per person, but the Contacts app merges them so that they appear as one. Unfortunately, the car doesn’t do this, and so shows both numbers.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - I'd seen that post, but thought that it wasn't relevant because they were using a beta version of the Phone app and it was fixed when they went back to the official version. Interestingly though, the photo of the problem in the car looks like it is from a Kia model of some sort.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tested my wife's phone with the car, and the problem still exists with her phone.
Is anyone with an Android 10 phone, with contacts from Google and WhatsApp able to confirm that they do not have duplicate numbers showing please?

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
269 Posts
I guess it would also be useful to learn if Apple phone users get the same issue? It might help us to understand where the issue resides.
Peter.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a problem in that when my contacts are synced with the car (MY20), when I go to make a call, I see duplicate telephone numbers for most people. This means that I have to select which number I want to call before the call is placed, even though the two numbers are the same. It’s hard to know if it’s a problem with the car or with my phone.

My Android 10 phone, stores contacts from my Google account and from my WhatsApp contacts. These contacts are merged, so that there appears to be just one contact, imported from Google and WhatsApp. Some contacts do not have a WhatsApp account, and they only show once in the car. If I unlink the accounts where there is a WhatsApp entry, I end up with two contacts per person – obviously not a good idea. If I then delete the WhatsApp contact, the number only appears once in the car for the remaining contact.

My guess is that the phone actually stores two entries per person, but the Contacts app merges them so that they appear as one. Unfortunately, the car doesn’t do this, and so shows both numbers.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution?
Yes, me too. And No, me neither, unfortunately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - so this is starting to look like a Kia problem? I wonder if any other models have the same problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts