Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's developed an intermittent rattle which sounds like it's coming from the area of the drivers door side air vent. It sounds like a cable has come un-clipped and it's drumming on the inside of the dash. Has anyone experienced this and was there an easy solution? I've lived with it for quite a while and suspect pulling the dashboard apart to get at it would be such a big job it's not worth attempting.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
Is it the twisty vent with the chrome trim surround? Mine rattled but twisting the chrome trim and pushing it on more tightly seemed to shut mine up when it was making a strange noise.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
623 Posts
I used to have a rattle between the base of the A-pillar trim and the dash. Try banging the A-pillar trim to see if it clips on more firmly. You can always wedge a strip of plastic or card between the trim and the dash - a good way to check it is the problem, as well as to fix it. No rattles on the ZE50!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for the tips, I'll give them a go when the rattle returns and see if either solves it.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
524 Posts
My car's developed an intermittent rattle which sounds like it's coming from the area of the drivers door side air vent. It sounds like a cable has come un-clipped and it's drumming on the inside of the dash. Has anyone experienced this and was there an easy solution? I've lived with it for quite a while and suspect pulling the dashboard apart to get at it would be such a big job it's not worth attempting.
I thought I was the only one! Mine does exactly as you describe, but only after it has got hot by being in the sun. I've just put up with it so far, but will try the fixes mentioned. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts