Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things I've noticed that annoy me (and I've not been able to find a setting or fix for).

The satnav (and possibly audio system) has no speed-volume automation. So at motorway speeds I can barely hear the instructions. Seems like a huge oversight ... Maybe the designer thought EVs are silent so no need.

The seat heaters and ventilation states are not displayed on the Climate screen - and there's acres of spare estate on there. You have to look down at the buttons to check status, which is horrible as they are by your hip - about as far as you can get from where you should be looking while driving.

(If anyone knows a setting I've missed do please shout out :) )

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you check the relevant setting under audio? Even with it checked I don't find the volume adjusts enough at higher speeds.

Frankly, I find the car is full of minor ergonomic mishaps, reminding me that it's built to make money, not win design awards (even though it did in Australia.)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the relevant setting under audio? Even with it checked I don't find the volume adjusts enough at higher speeds.
I did look through the settings and didn't see anything speed related. But I know these things are sometimes buried in odd corners or called something that doesn't look like what I'm thinking.
Can you give me a pointer?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello @mikegs ,

Since @KiwiME is probably tucked up in bed now:-

• Press "SETUP" button
  • Tap Sound
  • Scroll down to "Advanced" and select
  • Tick SDVC
and your done!

Can't help with the seat heating/cooling. That's another one on my increasing list of niggles :(

John.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is a speed related volume adjustment setting as described above already but not sure it works on the sat nav voice ? you can however increase the sat nav voice volume only when it is saying something with the volume up/down button on the steering wheel , it works well that way as i find the voice annoying and prefer seeing the guidance in the HUD display with the voice volume quite low. hope this helps?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello @mikegs ,

Since @KiwiME is probably tucked up in bed now:-

• Press "SETUP" button
  • Tap Sound
  • Scroll down to "Advanced" and select
  • Tick SDVC
and your done!

Can't help with the seat heating/cooling. That's another one on my increasing list of niggles :(
Thanks. I'll have another look. Sounds like it falls in the category of "called something that doesn't look like what I'm thinking" :LOL:

you can however increase the sat nav voice volume only when it is saying something
I know, but that gets old fast when you turn it up and then as you come down the off ramp at low speed it scares the bejesus out of you at 90db o_O

·
Registered
91 Posts
One that "grinds my gears" (Family guy i think) is the drive mode button what a stupid place to put the button exactly where you dont want to look to get past a slow truck in sport, in between the heated steering wheel and the heated seat (no cooled seats here in Ireland)

·
Registered
432 Posts
One that "grinds my gears" (Family guy i think) is the drive mode button what a stupid place to put the button exactly where you dont want to look to get past a slow truck in sport, in between the heated steering wheel and the heated seat (no cooled seats here in Ireland)
Never needed sport just to overtake, but agree the button is not ideal.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least the heated seat button is a distinctive shape, so finding the drive mode by feel shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another irritation.
The pedals have a very chunk tread - the rubber bits stand well proud of the metal plate.
If I'm wearing shoes with a significant grip - and this isn't hiking kit, just everyday stuff - when I try to make a slight power reduction the shoe and pedal treads sometimes catch together, and combined with my heel being on the floor it acts like a ratchet and stops me making that small adjustment. I have to wriggle my foot to free it off.

Those pedals are too fancy for their own good.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Another irritation.
The pedals have a very chunk tread - the rubber bits stand well proud of the metal plate.
If I'm wearing shoes with a significant grip - and this isn't hiking kit, just everyday stuff - when I try to make a slight power reduction the shoe and pedal treads sometimes catch together, and combined with my heel being on the floor it acts like a ratchet and stops me making that small adjustment. I have to wriggle my foot to free it off.

Those pedals are too fancy for their own good.
Not experienced that and I have driven the car in deck shoes, trainers and hiking shoes…..

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hate that the front parking sensors only engage automatically after a journey if you put it into reverse first. As the charging port is in the front, you nearly always end up parking nose first after a journey with no parking sensors. You have to remember to reach for the parking sensor button (again hear your hip) whenever you are parking nose first. My old Mercedes turn on the parking sensors automatically under 5mph, you didn’t have to remember to turn them on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Front parking sensors only activating after going into reverse first is a very common method on many ICE cars.
I have had a couple of Jaguars that did it. After a while it became second nature.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not experienced that and I have driven the car in deck shoes, trainers and hiking shoes…..
Unbelievable ... got in the car this morning and my right heel got caught by one of the hooks for the mats (that I don't have). Took a bit of pulling to free it :eek: :) .
I've been thinking about getting mats - maybe it's a sign. But I don't know if I want the carpetty or rubbery ones ...

·
Registered
91 Posts
After an overnight full charge the bing bong regenerative braking not working as the battery is full message after everytime you slow down or brake

·
Registered
216 Posts
After an overnight full charge the bing bong regenerative braking not working as the battery is full message after everytime you slow down or brake
After 10 months I've never seen that message from my Premium SE; the car has always blended braking and available regen seamlessly without a word of complaint.

·
Registered
91 Posts
After 10 months I've never seen that message from my Premium SE; the car has always blended braking and available regen seamlessly without a word of complaint.
My work commute is 3 KM from home and the vehicle is 100% charged overnight so there is no spare capacity to put into the battery. I don't know how it disposes of it maybe heat

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
24 Participants
engnrng
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing