Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Q210
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just coming up to my one year service. Could anyone please recommend a Renault service centre in West London or South West London who are good with EVs and what sort of price should I be looking to pay? I have been lucky enough to have had a year of trouble free motoring so haven't developed any sort of relationship with a service centre.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,361 Posts
Shop around. Ours cost £85 here. Have seen 79 to 150 mentioned on here.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,729 Posts
Yep. West London charged be £99 last year, I seem to remember. Also very helpful staff.

I got quoted £150 by Bristol Street Motors in Exeter...so yes the price varies a bit.

The guy doing it this year says the pricing is based on 0.8 hours of labour, so go figure. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also did at west london. it was 75 pounds. I went through renault directly. they arranged it. Their system show sometimes better price.
If you register my renault at renault website, you can the prices online

·
Q210
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice and good tip about booking via the website. I'll head up to West London unless anyone has got any other thoughts. When I bought the car a year ago West London staff were very sweet but clueless and I ended up buying via the peerless DSG. I imagine West London have upped their EV game since then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I have the electric failure(as usual as other people) on mine, I gave it west london. it took 4 weeks to repair as they were awaiting for the spare parts. they keep me updated all the time. Overall, it was a good service.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just booked our Zoe in for second year service with Bristol Street Motors Derby - quoted £155.
Need to have service to maintain warranty as planning to buy Zoe.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,189 Posts
Recommended services from renault website says
A Service Z.E £54
B Service Z.E £63
Cabin Filter £27

I noticed that picking different dealers the price may change :confused:

HARRATTS, PONTEFRACT WF8 4DB
A Service Z.E. £54.00
B Service Z.E. £63.00
Estimated total £117.00

MADELEY HEATH MOTORS
KEELE ROAD KEELE
NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME, ST5 5AL

A Service Z.E. £40.00
B Service Z.E. £47.00
Estimated total £87.00 :)

RENAULT LONDON WEST
W3 0RZ
A Service Z.E. £97.00
B Service Z.E. £113.00

Estimated total £210.00 :eek:

·
Read Only
871 Posts
There is nothing to be serviced! Except brake fluid and pollen filter, these need done once every 2 years.

Brake fluid change £40 at ATS. Pollen filter, probably £10 online and can be fitted in 30 seconds.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,254 Posts
There is nothing to be serviced! Except brake fluid and pollen filter, these need done once every 2 years.

Brake fluid change £40 at ATS. Pollen filter, probably £10 online and can be fitted in 30 seconds.

Got a battery hire car? If so you've already signed an agreement that says you will follow manufacturer service intervals to ensure battery is in good condition.

Reactions: ElectricBrain

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,467 Posts
With all due respect, that is silly advice, both from a practical as a financial advice. As for the latter, any EV should be far, far cheaper for standard annual service than an ICE (and ZOE most certainly is), and I would deem it pretty stupid to give the OEM an opportunity to wiggle themselves out of a nasty warranty claim. Not saying they have ever tried (I know of no such case).

The former, well, not only was mine cheaper (in line with what @dparr59 posted as recommended), but I also asked one year if I could stay and look what they were doing and check the underside. Dealer knows me as interested and relatively knowledgeable client. No prob. They checked all bulbs, all fluids, all relevant bearings, all brakes, diagnostics messages. I agree, I could do all of them myself, but that was absolutely not worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts