Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks time I'll have had my Kona 64 for 12 months. In normal times, I suppose, it would be essential to have it serviced in order to comply with warranty requirements.

Is this still true during the lockdown, given the risks of contamination, particularly since the car is hardly being used now and for weeks/months ahead? I think(?) I've heard that MoTs can be deferred during the lockdown.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Are you sure your dealer is open for general service work? None of the various main dealers are open in my locality just now. I cannot see how a manufacturer could withdraw warranty support for being late to service your vehicle if there is no local garages are available due to these exceptional circumstances just now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response, SHL.

I phoned a local dealer this afternoon, who said he is hoping to be open from next week, subject to staff being available. He also said that Hyundai are being very flexible about extending the period during which you can have your car serviced, without affecting the warranty. This last point is reassuring, although I suppose it might be wise to try and get this in writing if necessary, to avoid any 'misunderstanding' later in the event of problems with the car.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
MoTs for 3+ year old cars have been extended by 6 months. That's different from warranties which are the manufacturer's rules. Ask them and get it in writing if you are going outside of the normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have now had my first service done at RN Golden (Lepton, Huddersfield). £57.96. Seems fair enough for an (apparently) thorough check - and I see the GPS has been updated. Should have been driving to Provence in it next week - a trip now postponed for 12 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts