Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got a 2016 Zoe with 14,000 miles on it - the range is showing pretty low (approx. 55 miles when fully charged), and it's taking a long time to get from 99 to 100%. Battery health according to CanZE is a rather poor 70%. As far as I know, it's never had the BMS update, so I'm guessing it needs that as a starting point. I think the car is still covered under the 5-yr powertrain warranty and is battery leased, so I'm hoping it's covered.

I rang the local Renault dealer and used the magic phrase of "the range is much lower than I'd expect and it takes a long time to charge from 99-100%" rather than asking for firmware updates etc but their initial response was "Oh we've never had to change a battery before" but then they told me that if it's just a firmware update required there'd be a £105 diagnostic fee and then a fee for the software upgrade on top.

Is that right? Should I have to expect to pay for the update? I'm within driving distance of DSG in Morecambe, would I be better off going to them?

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
337 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts