Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
VW E-Golf
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just got my car it will be a few weeks until I can get a charging point, so for the moment I am charging at a free public point near my house. I would like to keep the car plugged in overnight so that it can preheat in the morning, but I don’t want it to charge during this time as I’m on a relatively expensive tariff at the moment. Is this possible? Have read the manual and it’s clear as mud

·
Registered
899 Posts
You can do it using the delayed charging button next to where you plug into the car (bottom button) and departure timers.

First set up a "charging location" with just aircon, no charging.

Then set up a departure time for when you want the car to be warmed up, using your newly made charging location.

Make sure no other departure times are set, just your heating/aircon one, then when you plug in and press delayed charge it'll heat up the car but not charge it.

I use two departure times each day. One to charge the car during Octopus Go cheap hours and another to heat it up in the morning.

This can all be set up from the car's infotainment. I've just put screenshots from the app because my phone is in my hand and it's really cold outside!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Oh, just remembered. You also need to make sure that the minimum charge level is set low enough that the car doesn't start charging as soon as you plug in. I have mine set to 0%.

The way it should work is say you have 20% left in your battery, but the minimum charge is set at 30%. When you plug in and press the delay charge button it'll charge to 30% straight away, then it should stop and charge the rest of the way according to whatever charging timers you have set. At least that's the theory.

I can't quite remember what menu option that's under though 🤔

·
Registered
VW E-Golf
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was just looking at the web version of WeConnect and I noticed the slider for minimum charge (default is 30%). I can’t find it in the app either.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks, I was just looking at the web version of WeConnect and I noticed the slider for minimum charge (default is 30%). I can’t find it in the app either.
Click on the cog in the top right for pre conditioning temperature and minimum charge settings.

Screenshot_20210208-222608.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts