Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email from Octopus to fill in a survey (quite a good one) about future tariffs. Everyone who completes it will get the average cost of those completing the survey's electricity for Sunday 21st Feb.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,421 Posts
Just had an email from Octopus to fill in a survey (quite a good one) about future tariffs. Everyone who completes it will get the average cost of those completing the survey's electricity for Sunday 21st Feb.
So only do the survey if you are going to consume a large amount on Sunday, don't let Neil and I down! ;)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,421 Posts
It was a tongue in cheek comment. :rolleyes:

Actually, a clever move by Octopus to avoid some of us transferring consumption to that day and hence costing them an unreasonable amount. Unless of course we act in concert against them.
Personally I'm torn as I like them but they can afford it.

·
Registered
Ioniq
824 Posts
This is nothing to do with electricity, this is someone at Octopus playing a game of prisoner's dilemma with us as the prisoners because they're bored. The best way for everyone to get a good deal is for everyone to use lots of electricity, but as an individual you save more by using much less than the average, and lose out if you use more...

Who's going to use more? Who's going to use less?

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is nothing to do with electricity, this is someone at Octopus playing a game of prisoner's dilemma with us as the prisoners because they're bored. The best way for everyone to get a good deal is for everyone to use lots of electricity, but as an individual you save more by using much less than the average, and lose out if you use more...

Who's going to use more? Who's going to use less?

View attachment 140968
I think it's just that they're interested in the answers to the questionnaire. There are some good questions, some don't apply to me because I'm retired and at home most of the time during day. One of the questions was about the green options to heat/power your home. I ticked 3 of them. Maybe I can get some of it with a discount?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
It was a good survey. We’ve just accepted a quote to get a heat pump installed in the summer so hopefully octopus will be looking at making some decent tariffs for an electric only household
Cool, yeah when I had my ASHP, 14 kW Ecodan, leccy was ~8p kWh and with solar all electric bills were £60 something per month. Standing charge is a good saving too on mains gas if you have it. We were rural so moved off LPG which is crazy price, lol. Are you getting it installed with a large buffer tank to take advantage of cheap TOU electricity? Cheers!

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
298 Posts
Cool, yeah when I had my ASHP, 14 kW Ecodan, leccy was ~8p kWh and with solar all electric bills were £60 something per month. Standing charge is a good saving too on mains gas if you have it. We were rural so moved off LPG which is crazy price, lol. Are you getting it installed with a large buffer tank to take advantage of cheap TOU electricity? Cheers!
We’ve been specced for a 7kw Vaillant aroTherm plus with their 188 litre uni tower setup and getting underfloor heating downstairs as well. Going to speak to the DNO about getting the gas capped at the meter once the heating is in as we can then, as you say, get rid of any gas standing charges. Not thought about the TOU though but would probably have set hot water boosts for then. Octopus could really be on to a winner here though if people do start coming off mains gas although it could be a slow burn, pun intended! 😉

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
We’ve been specced for a 7kw Vaillant aroTherm plus with their 188 litre uni tower setup and getting underfloor heating downstairs as well. Going to speak to the DNO about getting the gas capped at the meter once the heating is in as we can then, as you say, get rid of any gas standing charges. Not thought about the TOU though but would probably have set hot water boosts for then. Octopus could really be on to a winner here though if people do start coming off mains gas although it could be a slow burn, pun intended! 😉
This is the EcoDan we had installed.

Grille Plant Motor vehicle Mesh Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,421 Posts
Ah, I forgot, the wife was keeping me busy with chores, lol. Did charge the car, WM and DW a couple of times in the evening tho. Small fry really, lol.
As long as the EcoDan was running the whole time (meaning that you'd be walking around in your summer holiday gear). ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.