Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Looking at the 38 Ioniq as our next car following a 3 year Kia Smurf lease. I've searched (honestly) for the latest info on roof racks for the Ioniq but can't find a reliable position.

Our Soul was never homologated in the UK for racks although we used them infrequently and for light stuff (surfboards). Is it the same for the Ioniq at present? Seems to be the only EV we could afford these days. cheap leasing deals are but a distant memory馃槙

TIA

Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
Hi. Looking at the 38 Ioniq as our next car following a 3 year Kia Smurf lease. I've searched (honestly) for the latest info on roof racks for the Ioniq but can't find a reliable position.

Our Soul was never homologated in the UK for racks although we used them infrequently and for light stuff (surfboards). Is it the same for the Ioniq at present? Seems to be the only EV we could afford these days. cheap leasing deals are but a distant memory馃槙

TIA
Can't answer about roof racks, but there is a thread here.

Also there are some good deals on the 64kWh Kona at the moment as you mentioned deals. Still higher than the Ioniq though.

Registered
Puma GTE > Suzuki Jimny > BMW Z4 > Cupra Leon ST
You could also check this thread here:

As I understood, as long as what you carries on the roof of your car is secure it doesn't matter if it is homologated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.