Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Leaf owner,

a while ago, in february 2019, I was forced to start an Android app for my (ZE1 2018) leaf as it sometimes stopped charging at some certain type of Type2 charging stations after a few minutes, annoying me a lot (leaving me nearly empty once, as several failed). The original Nissan app was not worth looking at, it did not work on any of my devices and did not help me with my problem.

This app has grown a lot in the last months by charting the SoC values while charging (or permanently monitoring), estimation of the remaining charge time, and notification (alarm or TTS text-to-speech) when full (or the charging stopped unexpectedly), a charging table for rough estimation of charging times before starting, and so on. It can even supply the data to a MQTT broker for use in home automation to restrict the charging to a certain SoC percentage...

I invest a lot of energy into this app (as I use it myself, and it grows with users telling me what they need) - I know it is not for free, and everyone must consider whether the app is worth a small amount or not.

I'd like to announce the app to a wider range of users now. I have some US users, but I am confident more international Leaf users will find this app useful too.

(As using it takes time, I promise to refund even after several days is the app is not useful for you).

Anyway, I always like feedback!

Christian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, BTW: does anybody know what "batteryBarLevel" in the new May19 API means? For the latest update, I added automatic detection of degradation, and I found this so tempting...

I guess it's the battery degradation, but the value 165 I have from one customer's car is a bit unexpected to me:

"id" -> "SJNFAAZE1U00XXXXXX"
"batteryCapacity" -> {[email protected]} 40000
"timeRequiredToFullNormal" -> {[email protected]} 330
"chargeStatus" -> {[email protected]} 0
"lastUpdateTime" -> "2020-02-12T20:50:43Z"
"batteryBarLevel" -> {[email protected]} 165 <<<---!!!! ?????
"plugStatus" -> {[email protected]} 0
"timeRequiredToFullFast" -> {[email protected]} 270
"timeRequiredToFullSlow" -> {[email protected]} 900
"rangeHvacOff" -> {[email protected]} 170
"rangeHvacOn" -> {[email protected]} 149
"batteryLevel" -> {[email protected]} 69
*/
Can anybody shed some light to this value?

Or can someone with an e+ (or possibly ZE1 >= May 19) and Leaf Spy give me (temporarily) his account data and the SoH from leaf spy? This - I hope - would improve the app ;)

·
Registered
Leaf e+
177 Posts
It was discussed a little HERE - as I initially saw that value in using that Python code.

I've not looked at what the battery_bar_level means yet - I will try and get and dump of the JSON data from my Leaf, and share along with the SoH.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's nice. Yes, logging the API and looking at the Spy should do .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
... and it look strange to me if that it's "batteryBarLevel", while the python lib you metioned has "battery_bar_level" . But the other values also use '_' instead of camel casing, so it might be the same. (edit: yes, I found the abstraction to the members... - forget it)

Anyway, a value of 165 would be near end of life of a battery, and that in a ZE1 >= May19?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, so you are right, thanks for pointing to the PY lib stating it's just the 240-scale instead of percent. 165 = 240 * 69%.

Can't they transmit an important value like SoH instead of multiple times the same value?

But maybe, and time will show, these values differ and "batteryBarLevel/240" is less than 240, which might be the SoH... <hope on>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts