Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
After waiting a fair while, we finally get our first EV a week on Monday, a new Kia e-Niro through my wife’s work leasing scheme.

To say we cannot wait is an understatement!! 😁

In preparation for collecting the car, I now have 22 ‘EV apps’ on my phone. I’m sure there are a fair few that I’ll never use - but will whittle them down as time goes on!

We live near Linlithgow outside Edinburgh - with most miles going to be done in that area - with the odd (once or twice a year) longer trip!! I’m lucky that we work has Pod Point chargers that I can use, as well as us getting one installed at the house.

Glad I found this forum and will be looking for any hints & tips as the months pass by! 👍🏻

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome David, that's a nice EV to have as your first one - you'll have lots of fun with it.

Let me know if you can get the 7kW posts in the car park at Lithgae loch to work for you - there's been one of the few problem charges I've had since getting started a few months ago.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Lovely spot. Visited it by narrowboat a year ago! Would love to build en Ev narrowboat with solar panels, prob need external combustion Stirling engine as well for those cloudy days! Sorry, thread drift already!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome David, that's a nice EV to have as your first one - you'll have lots of fun with it.

Let me know if you can get the 7kW posts in the car park at Lithgae loch to work for you - there's been one of the few problem charges I've had since getting started a few months ago.

Enjoy!
That’s on my list to try fairly soon... will let you know!

😁👍🏻

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum David from an Italian who have chosen Scotland as his home.....for the last 30+ years 😄

1 - 8 of 8 Posts