Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening to you all, so I’ve finally taken the plunge and will be going Full EV in the next couple of weeks, my Kia Soul will be delivered on the 21st June which conveniently arrives the same day as my OHME charger is being installed

i‘ve driven a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV for the last 5 years and put over 100k on the clock, I must admit the car never skipped a beat and I’ve been very happy with it, however I felt it was time, with my next car to go Full EV

i deliberated long and hard between the E Niro 3 and the Soul and had Extended test drives in them both, however I think the Styling on the Soul did it for me, I know it’s a little Marmite, I’ve gone for the Black with the red roof

its a company car so the savings in company car tax and Fuel costs will be considerable, Its not all about the money as The last 5 years has shown me there is a better way to drive. The Outlander had a perfect range for my daily commute in that I could drive to work, charge for free then drive home, all without touching the petrol, admittedly the petrol engine was a little thirsty on the motorway but driving like Mr Sensible gave descent performance

ill be honest in admitting I’m a little apprehensive in removing the luxury of a petrol tank

well I’ve picked up lots of useful advice so far and read as much as I can on the Kia, the OHME Charger, thanks also for referral to octopus energy

PS despite owning a PHEV for the last 5 years I’ve only recently found your site

hi to you all

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,815 Posts
Welcome. Good choice. The Soul is a really good car imho. We went for the Niro but I had a soul for about a week as a loan car and really like it. Either are a solid choice and I’m with you on the styling. I rather like it. There are plenty of Kia and Hyundai owners on here, many of them use the same parts and user interface so there’s lots of support.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
786 Posts
Good choice. I have the Soul EV and like you, chose it over the e-Niro for the styling, and also because at the time, I could get one immediately but the e-Niro 4+ was a 3 month wait (and 5k more expensive).

No regrets, I love the Soul.

I don't think you'll miss your petrol tank. I have stopped thinking about range altogether, it's not an issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Evening to you all, so I’ve finally taken the plunge and will be going Full EV in the next couple of weeks, my Kia Soul will be delivered on the 21st June which conveniently arrives the same day as my OHME charger is being installed

i‘ve driven a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV for the last 5 years and put over 100k on the clock, I must admit the car never skipped a beat and I’ve been very happy with it, however I felt it was time, with my next car to go Full EV

i deliberated long and hard between the E Niro 3 and the Soul and had Extended test drives in them both, however I think the Styling on the Soul did it for me, I know it’s a little Marmite, I’ve gone for the Black with the red roof

its a company car so the savings in company car tax and Fuel costs will be considerable, Its not all about the money as The last 5 years has shown me there is a better way to drive. The Outlander had a perfect range for my daily commute in that I could drive to work, charge for free then drive home, all without touching the petrol, admittedly the petrol engine was a little thirsty on the motorway but driving like Mr Sensible gave descent performance

ill be honest in admitting I’m a little apprehensive in removing the luxury of a petrol tank

well I’ve picked up lots of useful advice so far and read as much as I can on the Kia, the OHME Charger, thanks also for referral to octopus energy

PS despite owning a PHEV for the last 5 years I’ve only recently found your site

hi to you all
Welcome. Like you, we have just moved from a PHEV to a Soul. We would have been happy with either the Soul or the e-Niro, but preferred the styling of the Soul. Once Kia reduced the price of the Soul there was no contest. The range of the Soul means that we will seldom have to use public chargers. Enjoy your new car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts