Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
The Volt/Ampera's software is specifically designed to keep you amused. If you are a keyboard tickler you will be a little surprised with the minor bugs and "features" that have been left in there.
It will occasionally decide that you should be listening to recorded music even though it was last on a radio station. The sat nav is a laugh with a demented voice reading out street names although it does work to a fashion.
Can't think of anything else to put you off at the moment although the music system works well with plenty of hard disk storage and will play from USB flash. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lovely haha, just need Bluetooth audio or line-in (hopefully it does this!) I use google maps anyway, can't tolerate any other satnav. Got a nexus 9 tablet on the dash of my audi, so I need to think about that next!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Knowing me I'll get a Bluetooth to aux device for the music, and stick the 10 inch tablet over the centre info screen haha. I like voice activated Google maps, Deezer, Soundcloud streaming and Chrome browser etc. Beats anything car manufacturers provide!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think Bluetooth streaming is only with the extremely rare late model. Although I would have slightly preferred an Electron (for the sound not the nav) I ended up with a Positiv. You can play from USB or through Aux, and the sound quality really is very good. I've not had the compare with an Electron but I'm glad I got on and bought when I did rather than waiting for the exact right Ampera to come along.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I only use the fob to open the charge door - if it sticks, it doesn't pop up the engine warning light. But if it sticks and you used the door button, the EML light does come on! Weird. Also, the charge door has a plastic pin to hold it shut, and that has been known to snap. So I press gently on the rhs of the flap, operate the fob, and when it clicks I press gently on lhs to open it, all with minimum pressure on that pin. I've also added a tiny flap of insulating tape which protrudes from rhs, makes it easier to hold & pull open at same time as pressing gently on LHS if the frost is trying to hold it shut.

Most minor EML lights go out after a few charges. You can clear them with OBDII if you like; serious faults can't be cleared, but are rare. Steering lock likes popping up annoying warnings; I try to minimise by always parking with steering wheel 100% straight ahead. I think this helps. Lots of threads in here to read, e.g. one about diy swapping the 12V battery, and what make to replace with etc. Headlights are pathetic if you've got the original halogens - I have upgraded to LEDs, much, much safer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone tuned / remapped these cars? Surely that electric propulsion system must be able to give some more balls if allowed to. Would be nice to have the 'option' of a "0 60" that matches the looks of the car! ;)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Has anyone tuned / remapped these cars? Surely that electric propulsion system must be able to give some more balls if allowed to. Would be nice to have the 'option' of a "0 60" that matches the looks of the car! ;)
The Cadillac ELR used the Volt/Ampera drivetrain and had moar power than standard.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
You are asking the same questions that we did many years ago. I did see a youtube some years ago where a Volt was tweaked but I believe it just linked the engine with the motor to increase acceleration. The software seems to have denied the dabblers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the car and it's truly amazing, here she is, love it! One thing though guys, I CANNOT fold the mirrors in! at all! Like they feel like they will rip off if I use any more force, and they don't appear to be electrically folding, what's going on!?

I paid £6990, 118k, 1 owner, full Vauxhall dealership history, 12 month MOT. Every seems perfect other than a few minor things I accepted as it was better priced than the others. Tiny bit of lacquer peel on tip of bonet, left mirror indicator lense damaged on the tip, sometimes hear rear brake squeal while cruising until I tap brake. It's an absolute dream to drive though and looks amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure, I got two charge cables, one orange cable to plug socket with LED box that I'm using atm, and a multi pin black cable I assume is for external charge points?

The mirrors are so stuck, I'll try some WD40 and nudges haha! Thanks!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,330 Posts
I hope it all goes well for you, they are great cars.

A cracked indicator lens will leak rain and eventually fail, costing £250 or so. Maybe see if you can persuade the vendor to replace them now.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts