Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the 21st we had this email from UK High Command:-

"As part of Kia's continuous product quality improvement programme we have been notified by Kia UK that your SOUL 5DR HBK has a product enhancement available.
Our records show that your vehicle, Registration **** falls within the specified chassis range.

In order for us to complete this important work free of charge please contact our service team as soon as possible. We will arrange a convenient time to inspect the car and complete any necessary work."

But there wasn't any info re what it relates to so I can't judge whether to get it done or leave till the next service which is 10 months away.

So instead I phoned my usual dealership and asked what's outstanding, there wasn't anything on their system so either it's a red herring or the dealers aren't aware yet.
I will leave it a few weeks and check again!

·
Registered
111 Posts
on the 21st we had this email from UK High Command:-

"As part of Kia's continuous product quality improvement programme we have been notified by Kia UK that your SOUL 5DR HBK has a product enhancement available.
Our records show that your vehicle, Registration **** falls within the specified chassis range.

In order for us to complete this important work free of charge please contact our service team as soon as possible. We will arrange a convenient time to inspect the car and complete any necessary work."

But there wasn't any info re what it relates to so I can't judge whether to get it done or leave till the next service which is 10 months away.

So instead I phoned my usual dealership and asked what's outstanding, there wasn't anything on their system so either it's a red herring or the dealers aren't aware yet.
I will leave it a few weeks and check again!
We booked our 2017 27kWh Soul in for service on 2nd Sept and it has a 'service action' pending so perhaps this is the same thing.

I can ask when I drop it in what it's for... I'm hoping it's to sort out the climate control because since the previous service action it has been very flakey and seems reluctant to use the heat pump - we've seen a noticeable drop in range as it favours the resistive heater now...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a well known problem. Climate control software update to SA427 stops the heat pump in cold weather! Fixed by Service Action 210031.
Hmmm well if we had SA427 applied at previous service last or even this year then I had not noticed the heat pump was behaving any differently however our range this year (as stated on the GOM) during the limited time we have used the cars has been less than normal. I will wait until I can get confirmation of what is required from Furrows.

Meanwhile this was an interesting read and it goes to show the lengths a regional franchise HQ will go to to avoid accepting there was a problem, at least until it became a more widespread one

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
329 Posts
And the blurb in SA473 is obviously suffering from cut-and-paste-itis (as does the Owners Manual), referring to switching the ignition on and off and starting the engine!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I noticed that as well, hopefully the mechanic at the $tealership end is more aware than the Tech Pubs author somewhere in Korea.

However many moons ago we we had our first service the service desk agent thought the bill was too low and was quite relieved when she realised they had forgotten to add the cost of an oil filter and the oil…… Fortunately they are a bit more up to speed now!

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
329 Posts
Yes, there are only 868 of our cars (2015 to 2019) registered in UK, so quite rare. Maybe they'll become collectors cars?

Oddly enough, there are 1,074 First Editions so far, so the ball is gathering pace.

Figures from 1st Quarter 2021.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, there are only 868 of our cars (2015 to 2019) registered in UK, so quite rare. Maybe they'll become collectors cars?

Oddly enough, there are 1,074 First Editions so far, so the ball is gathering pace.

Figures from 1st Quarter 2021.
Hmm, then they are almost as rare as the two MG ZT V8s I owned, the second being a Supercharged version.
There were about 800 made in total before MGR went bust with about 300 being the MK1 like my Celestial Blue one in this video.
Note we didn't buy the Soul because it was almost the same colour!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts