Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got another ZE50, this time on a 70 plate, very recently registered.

My old 20 Plate would ignore climate timers, and the app would send a request for preconditioning, but nothing would ultimately happen.

With the new one, it preconditioned once but has now started ignoring timers too. The app lets me press the button, but then a couple of seconds later says "An error has occured. Please try again"

I'm assuming this doesn't need the dealer fix as it is behaving differently, and has heated up once with a timer but no longer will. So if it's not that which is the issue, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be, or how to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a 70-plate Zoe and my experience of the app is very hit-or-miss. I don't know how Renault and whichever cheapest bidder built the app have between them failed so spectacularly to provide a working system.

Are you setting the pre-conditioning timers in the vehicle itself or via the app? I set mine in the car and, touch wood, they're working ok (the only complaint is when it says "ready for" it really means "start at this time"). I can also now trigger pre-con from the app at any other time, whereas I also used to get the same error from the app when I first got the car until I'd set up a schedule.

Other than that the doors need to be locked and the battery have more than 20% (I think) SOC for pre-con to work IIRC.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
If the preconditioning actually comes on when you invoke from app, despite the error message, then a future OTA update will fix. I have this symptom despite new CPU last week and was confirmed by email from Renault connected service team. No ETA on fix.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the preconditioning actually comes on when you invoke from app, despite the error message, then a future OTA update will fix
Unfortunately not. I press the button in the app and get the error. Nothing happens in the car. I did check this a few times to make sure it wasn't working despite the message.

Are you setting the pre-conditioning timers in the vehicle itself or via the app?
In the car itself. The app updates to say that there is a new climate schedule set. So the car is definitely speaking to the app. But no matter how I try, timer in the car, timer in the app, or pressing the app button to instantly precondition, nothing happens. I've even tried removing and re-adding the car from the app with no success.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Unfortunately not. I press the button in the app and get the error. Nothing happens in the car. I did check this a few times to make sure it wasn't working despite the message.
It sounds like it needs the CPU swap. A lot of Zoe where released with the fault.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,411 Posts
Can someone translate 20/70 plate for someone who lives on the continent? :)
20 - Vehicle first registered between March 1st 2020 & August 31st 2020
70 - Vehicle first registered between September 1st 2020 & February 28th 2021

After that the plates will become 21 & 71, 22 & 72 etc. (ie the last 2 digits of the year for March-August and the same plus 50 for September-February)

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 (on order)
52 Posts
20 - Vehicle first registered between March 1st 2020 & August 31st 2020
70 - Vehicle first registered between September 1st 2020 & February 28th 2021

After that the plates will become 21 & 71, 22 & 72 etc. (ie the last 2 digits of the year for March-August and the same plus 50 for September-February)
That... almost makes sense. Except the date ranges, you think they'd have done Jan-Jun/Jul-Dec? Any idea why its like that? I'm just curious at this point :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
That... almost makes sense. Except the date ranges, you think they'd have done Jan-Jun/Jul-Dec? Any idea why its like that? I'm just curious at this point :)
Originally UK plates changed once a year on 1st August and used a letter at the front to indicate the year...
A 123 ABC The A indicates registered sometime between 1st Aug 1983 and end of July 84.
With the S plates they decided to change to two letters being used during the 12 month period.. Starting from 1st August the next letter being used on 1st March the following year.
Y was the last letter used to indicate year of registration on 1st march 2001.

As they had used all the letters, except I O U Q Z, The system was changed to the current one by using the numbers in the middle to indicate year of registration.
AB 52 CDE would be from 1st march 2002
AB 02 CCE would be from 1st Aug 2002
With the series going up by 1 every time with the new plates to where we are now ..
AB 20 CDE from 1st march 2020
AB 70 CDE from 1st Aug 2020

The next release will be 21 plates from 1st march 2021 followed by 71 plates at start of August 21.

They couldn't put the year letter at the end of the plate, as this was an even older system that had been used before. Many classic older vehicles are still driving around with these plates ... eg ABC 123 E
Interestingly when they started that system it registration period ran from 1st Jan of the year for 12 months But with the E plates they changed to August for some reason. Lapping over two years

I think my first car had an E on the end making it a 1967 model.. Hillman Minx.

The two changes over a 12 month period was meant to spread the frenzy of having a new car on the day of 1st registration.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,411 Posts
Originally UK plates changed once a year on 1st August and used a letter at the front to indicate the year...
A 123 ABC The A indicates registered sometime between 1st Aug 1983 and end of July 84.
With the S plates they decided to change to two letters being used during the 12 month period.. Starting from 1st August the next letter being used on 1st March the following year.
Y was the last letter used to indicate year of registration on 1st march 2001.

As they had used all the letters, except I O U Q Z, The system was changed to the current one by using the numbers in the middle to indicate year of registration.
AB 52 CDE would be from 1st march 2002
AB 02 CCE would be from 1st Aug 2002
With the series going up by 1 every time with the new plates to where we are now ..
AB 20 CDE from 1st march 2020
AB 70 CDE from 1st Aug 2020

The next release will be 21 plates from 1st march 2021 followed by 71 plates at start of August 21.

They couldn't put the year letter at the end of the plate, as this was an even older system that had been used before. Many classic older vehicles are still driving around with these plates ... eg ABC 123 E
Interestingly when they started that system it registration period ran from 1st Jan of the year for 12 months But with the E plates they changed to August for some reason. Lapping over two years

I think my first car had an E on the end making it a 1967 model.. Hillman Minx.

The two changes over a 12 month period was meant to spread the frenzy of having a new car on the day of 1st registration.
You're starting the story half-way through.
Before 1963, UK plates had no year letter. That began in February 1963 with the format ABC 123 A, changing every 1st January.
However, Motor manufacturers complained about a summer slump in sales, and successfully lobbied the government to change it from E to F on 1st August 1967.
Then in 1983, we reach the format you describe, and the plate format was reversed so it could all start again.

From 1983 Q was issued to cars of "indeterminate" age or origin - kit cars, imports, etc.

Here's the full story:- Vehicle registration plates of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

·
Registered
817 Posts
You're starting the story half-way through.
Before 1963, UK plates had no year letter. That began in February 1963 with the format ABC 123 A, changing every 1st January.
However, Motor manufacturers complained about a summer slump in sales, and successfully lobbied the government to change it from E to F on 1st August 1967.
Then in 1983, we reach the format you describe, and the plate format was reversed so it could all start again.

From 1983 Q was issued to cars of "indeterminate" age or origin - kit cars, imports, etc.

Here's the full story:- Vehicle registration plates of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
Yeah I should have put the last bit of my post first.. thanks for pointing it out :) and adding the extra detail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts