Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another question folks, my dealer isn’t really a lot of help.
My e-208 should be at the dealers middle - end of feb & is a gt premium so has the auto unlocking / start, can this be turned off so that you need to manually unlock the car?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Peugeot E-208
138 Posts
Yes, assuming you mean you want to open / lock the car by pressing the remote buttons. Done it on mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, assuming you mean you want to open / lock the car by pressing the remote buttons. Done it on mine.
Yep, that what I mean. I didn’t really want keyless entry, but wanted the gt premium
Is it straight forward enough?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Well it may be because of not understanding how it works or it may be linked to security - my answer would be different depending on why he wants to deactivate it

I’ll leave it to you to be 100% transactional and tell him how to deactivate it and I’ll see what concerns the OP has and see if there are other options instead, to compliment or anything else.

Cheers

JJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see the benefits of it & also the drawbacks.
I come from a long line of fast fords some with keyless entry / start & the associated relay thefts.
I’d rather press a button to unlock the car & press a button to start it than make life easy for the lowlife that steal cars

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
So I believe you can turn it off in the car settings part of the interface under comfort

Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Electronic device

the safest thing is still to put your key in an RF bag

people say to put the keys away from the front door etc BUT I take the view that if someone wants my car and they break in to get the keys, them being easier to find is better than them rummaging the house to find

JJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I believe you can turn it off in the car settings part of the interface under comfort

View attachment 155805

the safest thing is still to put your key in an RF bag

people say to put the keys away from the front door etc BUT I take the view that if someone wants my car and they break in to get the keys, them being easier to find is better than them rummaging the house to find

JJ
Thanks.
Yep, I don’t hide my keys for any of my cars; if someone breaks into the house wanting the keys I want them to take them & leave us alone.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
was thinking back to your comment about fast fords. All my hot hatches were/have been unknown so never had to live with the worry of the chat twoc-er as my cars although faster were unknown :)

Anyway - i keep my keys in this tin in my key cupboard - stops all the RF

100% effective

Font Rectangle Beer Art Bottle

Rectangle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

JJ

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
632 Posts
was thinking back to your comment about fast fords. All my hot hatches were/have been unknown so never had to live with the worry of the chat twoc-er as my cars although faster were unknown :)

Anyway - i keep my keys in this tin in my key cupboard - stops all the RF

100% effective

Same as me - as all my Christmas lights are LED now :LOL:

JJ
Rectangle Luggage and bags Material property Box Tin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts