Mini Elec actual 154m / 106% of 145m claimed
Peugeot e-208 actual 161m / 74% of 217m claimed
Volkswagon e-Up! actual 162m / 102% of 159m claimed
Vauxhall Corsa-e actual 174m / 83% of 209m claimed
Renault Zoe actual 229m / 96% of 238m claimed

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's really bizarre how all-over-the-place the WLTP ratings are. I can understand there being a bit of variance due to nuances in how each car is able to tackle different speeds, temperatures and loads. But just in this test we're seeing results as disparate as 74% and 106% of WLTP range, all driven along the same route at the same time. The claimed figure doesn't even seem to be useful as a comparison point.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
847 Posts
I would expect the WLTP testing process to be more controlled and more detailed than a single instance of 'drive a bunch of cars up the motorway'. Whether that leads to more accurate results or less, I don't know!

It wouldn't be beyond possibility to game the WLTP tests like VW did.

I would like to see a more realistic motorway range quoted. My Zoe might be capable of its quoted 238 - may be even significantly more - at urban speeds, but not many people are going to care about that. 110 motorway miles in winter from a rapid charge is more useful info!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
2,043 Posts
Given the corsa and 208 are essentially the same car, that’s a puzzling outcome.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There's a few YouTube videos of people getting 170+ miles from the Mini Cooper SE, just need nerves of steel because the GOM is so pessimistic it'll only show 100 miles fully charged so people think they'll only get a 100 miles from it.

·
Banned
843 Posts
There's a few YouTube videos of people getting 170+ miles from the Mini Cooper SE, just need nerves of steel because the GOM is so pessimistic it'll only show 100 miles fully charged so people think they'll only get a 100 miles from it.
We are looking to rent one for a week from the MK EV experience, for the wife to test in Jan/ Feb for winter range. Daily commute is just under 80 miles return. We know it will do it, what she wants to know is will it do it comfortably, in winter, with 20miles of the 80 total as bypass @ 70-80 mph.

We have 7kwh at home and she can charge at work 7 kwh, but wants to know if she has a mini for 2 years waiting for the UK Tesla Model Y , can it do a daily winter trip to work and back without charging at work, just in case.

If it can. It is "good" enough range in here eyes. She had no issues using my Nissan Leaf 40kw in Winter 2019 daily.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We are looking to rent one for a week from the MK EV experience, for the wife to test in Jan/ Feb for winter range. Daily commute is just under 80 miles return. We know it will do it, what she wants to know is will it do it comfortably, in winter, with 20miles of the 80 total as bypass @ 70-80 mph.

We have 7kwh at home and she can charge at work 7 kwh, but wants to know if she has a mini for 2 years waiting for the UK Tesla Model Y , can it do a daily winter trip to work and back without charging at work, just in case.

If it can. It is "good" enough range in here eyes. She had no issues using my Nissan Leaf 40kw in Winter 2019 daily.
I'm certain it will easily beat 100 miles in Winter with heating and sports mode and motorway. The GOM is extremely pessimistic but mine still displays around 110 miles from full charge even in very cold conditions. We know from several road tests posted on line that it goes beyond the stated WLTP range and 1 video showed it going a further 20 miles after reaching 0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts