Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is possible for the dashboard and centre console to contradict each other.

I was running in hold mode, with 5 miles left on the battery.
When I left the motorway, I switched to sport mode, however, the dash kept on displaying the petrol gauge.
I had the centre console display the power distribution, and it only showed the electric motor running, drawing power from the battery which still had two bars left.
Meanwhile, on the dash, the petrol range is going down. I cannot hear the engine running, and if I try to change the driving mode, it won't let me select hold, and no other mode will get it to switch the display to battery mode, even though it is still showiing 5 miles battery range.
After plugging in for a bit of a recharge at my destination, when I come to leave, the petrol range is back up to where it was when I first switched off hold mode.

It looks like it is possible for the dash to get stuck in petrol mode when running on battery, and reduce the petrol range display instead of reducing the battery.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have noticed one or two similar anomolies especially when using HOLD or MOUNTAIN. I can describe in detail as I can't remember the precise situation but I will look out for it happening again and report if I see it again.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
I've had this petrol gauge thing coming out of hold mode happen to me lately too. It seems to be a new phenomenon. Luckily, last time it happened I was in a traffic jam, so I rebooted the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have found that if you switch to petrol with only 5 miles or less of battery power left, it disappears and you cannot go back to batteries again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, on 5 miles and it cannot get back to battery, however, on the last bit of the journey at low speed it is operating off battery despite the blue petrol icon.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have also seen this now.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yes, I've had that, but, If you press and hold the unlock button the windows will all go down (This is a feature on many cars, sometimes called a summer opening feature), I had this happen when I sat on my keys once at work, I noticed it outside though. The stupid thing is you can't remote close them (only an auto-close trap-sensor on the drivers window).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts