Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
Like many I thought to reach out and say hello to fellow EV-centric like-minded people...

The car has been on order for almost 3-months now and delivery is expected within the coming 8-weeks.

Should there be any recommendations out there from 'lessons learned' etc then I'd be grateful of a polite 'steer' in the right direction.

I look forward to future chats and discussions. :) John

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi All!
Like many I thought to reach out and say hello to fellow EV-centric like-minded people...

The car has been on order for almost 3-months now and delivery is expected within the coming 8-weeks.

Should there be any recommendations out there from 'lessons learned' etc then I'd be grateful of a polite 'steer' in the right direction.

I look forward to future chats and discussions. :) John
How exciting, a tesla. We have one in Our village, as yet I haven't bumped into them but I keep trying....amazing car, can't wait to see a pic

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Not funny @PMC Paul. I clocked up well over 1k in the first week! Any excuse to "nip just down the road" for something (actually a 3 hour roundtrip :oops:). It's taken us 15 months to put 10k on our LEAF.

2 weeks in we're at the farthest SW corner of France considering nipping to Barcelona tomorrow to tick off the Girona supercharger. A slippery slope....

Congrats @Anchorman - what have you got on the way?

Ours is a 85D, one of the first in the 'new' lighter metallic blue, according to the WD team. Suspect will be loads on the road soon. Stunning in the metal, online pics just don't look the same.

·
Everybody is welcome to my opinion
61 Posts
@Anchorman I'm in the same situation, feeling like a little kid again only 76 sleeps till my Tesla arrives. although a few forum members has quoted that due to the UK specs this delivery time may slip into next year

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
Hi, like you I'm waiting for a Tesla - mine was ordered in August and will probably arrive Dec/Jan I think. I still can't believe I've agreed to pay that much for a car, but there you go. I did seriously consider a Leaf which I really liked, but that had the disadvantage that when I do longer trips I'd have to swap cars with my wife. The test drive plus the new supercharger installations on my regular routes swung it for me, the car was incredibly nice and easy to drive and with the extra charging options shoudl be perfectly practical even for my highish mileage..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hi Folks welcome the forum, I'm a long time member here but am waiting for a new shiny S too.. and yes I'm counting the sleeps too.
We have a small data collecting exercise to help estimate future deliveries, if you want to partake feel free to add your data to the spreadsheet here.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
I'm already on #2356 - I've just updated the entry to show "In Production" as of today and I put my SpeakEV ref on (which I'd missed somehow).
Looks like a batch of RHDs going through now - Yippee!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Folks welcome the forum, I'm a long time member here but am waiting for a new shiny S too.. and yes I'm counting the sleeps too.
We have a small data collecting exercise to help estimate future deliveries, if you want to partake feel free to add your data to the spreadsheet here.
Hi there. Looking at MyTesla, I can't find the Service Sign-Up button (I think perhaps my lease company have already done this). Is the UK Number actually the last 4 digits of your Reservation Number?

If not, is there another way to get my car number? P85D Ordered Feb 2015, delivered September 2015.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
@Brendanfelix Yes if you are leasing you don't get to sign up.. we have not found this GB sequence anywhere else it is not related to the Reservation Number or the VIN. you can still add your dates to the spreadsheet (just insert in an appropriate place) you just cant be put on the charts without the sequence number.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys

For those purchasing a Tesla S was there any wiggle room on the price? I'm going to the showroom on Tuesday so want to see if I can chip anything off the price.

·
1,551 Posts
Hi Guys

For those purchasing a Tesla S was there any wiggle room on the price? I'm going to the showroom on Tuesday so want to see if I can chip anything off the price.
Not normally... If you use a referral code, until October 31st, you can take $1000 off in the US, I think it's the same (£1000 for UK purchasers).

Here is my link - Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

And here is the posting from Tesla - Referral Program | Tesla Motors

Otherwise, there is no discounting... Now if you buy a CPO or inventory car, you will get less than list price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts