Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the plan to roll out city center superchargers is underway with another in London this time in Canary Wharf

London_-_Canary_Wharf_Supercharger___Tesla_Motors.jpg

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, so that would be about 1.5 miles from the first one at the Crystal then ?
yep would seem so, however considering the demographic having a supercharger under the buildings where a lot of potential customers work seems like a good idea

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
yep would seem so, however considering the demographic having a supercharger under the buildings where a lot of potential customers work seems like a good idea
Means they can head off to their holiday cottages at the end of the week without having to worry about that pesky charging business...

(Bitter? Me? :rolleyes: )

Reactions: jontracey

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I park in that car park regularly, has lots of type 2 charging on the floor below but now will just supercharge and head home again, free 60 miles of charge each trip and claim for business miles as well, bonus :)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Birmingham one is still closest to me, and is still 60+ miles away, so exclusively home charging will continue for the foreseeable.

Theoretically I could make the trip to London within my S60's range, get a charge and drive back, but TBH the train is so much easier and I can get some work done at the same time.

Reflecting on it. I've driven into London once in the last 10 years, on the very odd chance I'd need to take the S there a PAYG model, even if it was pricey on a KWh basis, would make it much more attractive a proposition.

As it stands I'll just take the office pool car, or train, rather than pay for £2k's worth of electricity I'd use a fraction of in the time I own the car.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me its easy I jump on M11, and then A12 right into the wharf, if I leave at the same time getting home via the train is close to 2.5 hours I can be in the car in 5 mins and home in just over 1 hour if I drive

·
Super Moderator
7,453 Posts
Great to see more of these going in, Canada Square is a perfect location for now :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't see a problem with two locations being close together; only 2 stalls in each, so almost the same as 1 location with 4 stalls. Birmingham SC has already been the only place I have ever seen an EV charging (other than my local ASDA); 3 of us there at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
7,453 Posts
I don't see a problem with two locations being close together; only 2 stalls in each, so almost the same as 1 location with 4 stalls. Birmingham SC has already been the only place I have ever seen an EV charging (other than my local ASDA); 3 of us there at the same time.
Guess you don't hang round Grantham Services on the A1 much...... :cool:

10572148_10152612931964512_2249148615387397319_o.jpg

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like they are listening, just got the official opening email for the canary wharf supercharger and it specifically says more coming soon for inner city and long distance travel

We are excited to announce the opening of our next Supercharger located in Canary Wharf, London. The new Supercharger adds convenience for owners enjoying the shopping and other facilities at Canary Wharf, and for those travelling around the city and beyond. It is the fourth live Supercharger station in the UK, with more coming soon, supporting both inner-city, long distance travel and convenience charging for free, for life.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts