Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall Ioniq 28s having issues with some brands of CCS chargers. Am hoping to get a 1 yr old 38er tomorrow. Any gotchas to avoid? Tips?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not surprisingly, it works well with instavolt. On the 50kW units seeing just over 40kW with just over 30%soc. The 150kW units did a little better at closer to 50kW which was maintained beyond 54%. Tapered down to about 35kW at 62%soc.

Efficiency is great, and you should see 190miles on the GOM at full charge. I always operate in Regen 0 for best efficiency - the glide before starting to lose speed has to be seen.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
188 Posts
Not had issues really, though found Electric Highway a little temperamental, sometimes have to try a few times to get them to connect to start the charge, but they've always been on free vend when I've used them! I also used one that stopped charging 3 times for some reason, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on them whilst charging.
Lidl Podpoint rapids always seem good to use, just bear in mind that if someone has hit the emergency stop on them they show as "offline" I think, so don't necessarily avoid one if you see that on the app whilst heading to it.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,163 Posts
Other than the well known issues with old style triple head DBT chargers, the Ioniq is happy to charge pretty much anywhere I've plugged in.

The only failure I can speak of is with a Circontrol Trio charger, but according to Zap Map I wasn't the only person to have problems (Despite having to wait for a BMW to finish charging to 80%+ without any issues on CCS)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
With the 28kWh, the EH only delivers about 34kW rather than 48kW at Instavolt, so more time waiting around, if available etc.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx guys, sounds like there's no real issues with "modern" CCSes. Yes, I'm aware of the slower charging, just going to print off the charge rate graph some around here, to remind me. I think my main refill place will be the M40 hub at Banbury, ideally placed for my 160 mile regular trips Winchester->Derby. Should be able to drive up there, arrive SOC say 40%, quick topup back to 50% or 55% leaves me plenty safety margin & in Derby I have more CCSes/13A sockets for trip back. Am hoping to be able to connect up to abetterrouteplanner.com, I see their Ioniq 38 setting is "beta", how do they import the real-world data from guys like me to tune it up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts