Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an all day test drive planned this week and I may be looking to place an order if me and the Mrs both get on with the car.

I have never paid list price for a car before and don't really want to make an exception this time, however when using CARWOW, all I get back is the price less the OLEV discount from all dealers.

Has the fixed OLEV grant effectively killed the idea of discounts or perhaps all the dealers are following the Tesla fixed price example for their BEVs.

I am not in a hurry to buy at the moment as I was going to be using the car for commuting but will be WfH for 3 or 4 days a week until the end of the year so I can wait until a deal comes up.

I would want to get the Level 2 car for not much more than a level 1 price. Is that too ambitious?

I work in the motor industry supply chain and am aware that the difference in parts cost between the two trim levels which are £2000 apart will be no more than about £200.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd guess no chance at discount from list price this year as more orders than they can fulfil. As always some chance of negotiating extras such as paint protection or one of their insurances with dealers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes story surprised me greatly given that waiting time for an SE is many months and my local Mini dealer has never been busier with new car sales since reopening post lockdown. I can only guess a cost saving measure that was pre-planned but accelerated by Covid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts