Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had an Andersen A2 charger installed and I will be taking delivery of an E-Niro 4+ in 2 days time. I am currently on Octopus GO and will plan to schedule my charging from 12.30 am to 4.30 am.

My question is what is the most reliable way to set this up? I think I have 3 possible ways...but I might be totally wrong about this!

1] Setting the times using the UVO app - Looks a bit complicated?
2] Setting the times using the Andersen app ( Konnect+ ) - Looks simple?
3] Setting the times in the car - no idea about this one!

Please excuse my ignorance......All advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi, I have had an Andersen A2 charger installed and I will be taking delivery of an E-Niro 4+ in 2 days time. I am currently on Octopus GO and will plan to schedule my charging from 12.30 am to 4.30 am.

My question is what is the most reliable way to set this up? I think I have 3 possible ways...but I might be totally wrong about this!

1] Setting the times using the UVO app - Looks a bit complicated?
2] Setting the times using the Andersen app ( Konnect+ ) - Looks simple?
3] Setting the times in the car - no idea about this one!

Please excuse my ignorance......All advice gratefully received.
I don't have an e-Niro, but I do have an Andersen and a car with onboard charge timers. I use the Andersen app every time. Very straightforward and has never failed me. Could just be because the Audi app is rubbish, of course. I can then turn on pre-heat remotely before I leave and all is well.

·
Super Moderator
7,598 Posts
Set it in the car with 00:30 - 4:30 as off peak, charging off peak only, and location specific. That way at home it will only charge in that window (unless you press the override button on the dashboard or initiate from the app) while at home, but charge instantly everywhere else. If you have a guest that needs to charge they can just plug in and charge immediately.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Use the car timer, as above, but without the location specific option because that makes it unreliable. Without that it's bullet-proof. Set it for every day of the week to charge to 80%. If you don't need that much on any particular day, don't plug it in. If you need more increase the percentage and then reduce it after the big day. That's it; set and forget.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Use the car timer, as above, but without the location specific option because that makes it unreliable. Without that it's bullet-proof. Set it for every day of the week to charge to 80%. If you don't need that much on any particular day, don't plug it in. If you need more increase the percentage and then reduce it after the big day. That's it; set and forget.
I find the location specific option works perfectly if I press the Map button just before I turn off the car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Whatever you do beware of the "prioritise offpeak charging" setting. My MY20 has no idea how to prioritise the offpeak charging. However it works reasonably well on "offpeak charging only". If you want it to charge longer just extend the offpeak times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the answers - some really useful tips. It seems that there is more than one way to skin a cat!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
85 Posts
Set it in the car with 00:30 - 4:30 as off peak, charging off peak only, and location specific. That way at home it will only charge in that window (unless you press the override button on the dashboard or initiate from the app) while at home, but charge instantly everywhere else. If you have a guest that needs to charge they can just plug in and charge immediately.
Hi, I'm getting my e-niro tomorrow, so I will be setting mine up to charge betwwen these hours. Do you know if you need to setup a departure time for this to work, as its not very clear.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi, I'm getting my e-niro tomorrow, so I will be setting mine up to charge betwwen these hours. Do you know if you need to setup a departure time for this to work, as its not very clear.
As far as I know you do need to set a departure time. I do not know why - but I always keep the car happy by inventing a departure time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts