Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
2,744 Posts
Yes definitely get an RFID card for Ionity, even if you end up paying the same it makes life much easier. Often see people struggling to get them started.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, that’s the standard price for Ionity.

You can get it cheaper if you’ve a car produced by one of the companies that invested in Ionity (eg VW) or a card such as Shell Recharge (tho’ they appear to have billed me the full amount when I charged at the Chippenham chargers mentioned, must query it).

PS The charger worked well for me, and despite appearing to be a truckers stop there are decent facilities on site (shop/cafe/bathroom).

PPS Ionity don’t take contactless and there is no app, you can pay via their website but have read about people having issues with that, hence I got the Shell card (free).
Why are they still getting away with this? I thought all chargers had to be contactless from about a year ago. And they are meant to be the new cutting edge kid on the block!
Still an odd black hole of no 100kW + fast chargers between Swindon & Reading it seems.

·
Registered
BMW i3
358 Posts
Why are they still getting away with this? I thought all chargers had to be contactless from about a year ago. And they are meant to be the new cutting edge kid on the block!
Still an odd black hole of no 100kW + fast chargers between Swindon & Reading it seems.
From a Which article I was sent earlier;

According to figures from Zap Map, just 8% of chargers in the UK are both rapid (quick to charge) and accept contactless payments.

The government did advise that all new rapid chargers built from spring 2020 should allow pay-as-you-go, contactless card payments. But as it’s not legislation, some networks have chosen not to follow this advice.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts