Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My partner placed order for a Corsa-e back in late January. A few weeks later we were passing by so went into the dealer to ask about any updates, who said we have a build date on an early week in March and delivery expected early-mid April. All good. Back then the estimated delivery on the Vauxhall online store was around 7 weeks too. So that matches.

Last week the dealer called telling us the batteries are made in Ukraine and the factory has been bombed so now we don't know when the car will arrive, 'but it might be September'. Now, I don't think the batteries are made in Ukraine but maybe another part, but anyway.

Looking at Aston Vauxhall, they list a current estimated arrival time of week 38, which is September. The Vauxhall online store gives an estimated delivery of 25 weeks for all trims, which is also mid-September.

So the fact that any order made in late January has the same estimated arrival as one ordered today makes me wonder if something has gone wrong and the dealer didn't actually order the car. Surely if there's such a backlog a car ordered today should be arriving well after one ordered in January.

Or am I being too cynical, and this is to be expected?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have also ordered a Corsa E from Aston Vauxhall, Melton Mowbray is a long way away, but they had it £2000 cheaper than my nearest (60 miles away) dealer. It was 12-16 weeks, which should be mid July to mid August. I'll wait and see

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-E 2022
220 Posts
Hello,

My partner placed order for a Corsa-e back in late January. A few weeks later we were passing by so went into the dealer to ask about any updates, who said we have a build date on an early week in March and delivery expected early-mid April. All good. Back then the estimated delivery on the Vauxhall online store was around 7 weeks too. So that matches.

Last week the dealer called telling us the batteries are made in Ukraine and the factory has been bombed so now we don't know when the car will arrive, 'but it might be September'. Now, I don't think the batteries are made in Ukraine but maybe another part, but anyway.

Looking at Aston Vauxhall, they list a current estimated arrival time of week 38, which is September. The Vauxhall online store gives an estimated delivery of 25 weeks for all trims, which is also mid-September.

So the fact that any order made in late January has the same estimated arrival as one ordered today makes me wonder if something has gone wrong and the dealer didn't actually order the car. Surely if there's such a backlog a car ordered today should be arriving well after one ordered in January.

Or am I being too cynical, and this is to be expected?
I ordered my car from Aston Vauxhall on 7th January. Went with them solely because the autotrader price was vastly lower than anywhere else and I have bought from them before - I know and trust them.

it was originally supposed to arrive mid march. I have however received a text suggesting it will be week commencing 11th April - I am a little skeptical as I was also texted when it was due in march but I have been having email exchanges with Aston back and forth a lot over various things. At no point thus far have they suggested it will be later than mid April even when directly asked.

Another poster on this site ordered almost the same day as me and the same dealer predicted early May. I have a feeling there might be some variances based on other factors than just the electrical system - I wonder whether things like colours are also affecting lead times. I went for solid white paint because I'm stingy and like white cars (take the boy out of Essex!!)

The lead times on Aston's site and the online store are based on a 'today' order. I wouldn't consider those of much stock unless you intended to order right now.

Similarly one of the big car magazines early march had been contacting various manufacturers about lead times. At the time Vauxhall were confident that all ordered cars would be delivered prior to the end of Q2.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered my car from Aston Vauxhall on 7th January. Went with them solely because the autotrader price was vastly lower than anywhere else and I have bought from them before - I know and trust them.

it was originally supposed to arrive mid march. I have however received a text suggesting it will be week commencing 11th April - I am a little skeptical as I was also texted when it was due in march but I have been having email exchanges with Aston back and forth a lot over various things. At no point thus far have they suggested it will be later than mid April even when directly asked.
Ordered pretty much the same time from the same dealer. Latest update from Aston (against an early Jan order) is now for the car to arrive at the dealers 14th/15th April. This is now earlier than our previous forecast of end of April/early May.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, we ordered at the beginning of December with a delivery date 07-21 March 2022 (Premium Elite). Needless to say the car still hasn't arrived. Dealer chased it up at beginning of March and was told it was in the batch that had been recalled, and would be released shortly.
Now Vauxhall claim not to know where it is, or when we will get it, or that its even been built. When I spoke to Customer Services they first tried to blame the Ukraine situation (although the car was supposed to be in build before then) and then Covid shortages before finally telling me I had to speak to my dealer for updates. Dealer speaks to Vauxhall and gets no information from them at all other than "builds are being prioritised". It wouldn't be so bad if Vauxhall Customer Services actually did that, and kept the customer informed of what was happening but they tend to stick to their scripts and are no help at all.
Ho Hum
To those that receive their cars, enjoy, hopefully it was worth the wait.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - I ordered a Corsa E from Baylis in Worcester. I was told delivery would be mid April. Last week I was told that there was a delay because of parts from Ukraine. There is now no delivery date attached to the order. In fact I believe it’s a generic 31 December 9999. I’m not happy to say the least especially as they are still advertising the models as if there is no problem. I’m thinking of cancelling and getting a different make that has immediate delivery available.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-E 2022
220 Posts
Mine is due for delivery thursday. Would mean just short of 4 months which I don't think is outrageous.

Turns out mine was built and delivered to the central storage facility some time ago - however I ordered with a panoramic roof. At the moment the factory isn't making Corsas with any optional extra, only paint choices, so they tied a car of the right spec and colour in to the order sans roof but since it didn't match the order exactly they just held it. Dealer only found out when they started making specific inquiries with their relationship manager at Vauxhall, so I am told.

Hi - I ordered a Corsa E from Baylis in Worcester. I was told delivery would be mid April. Last week I was told that there was a delay because of parts from Ukraine. There is now no delivery date attached to the order. In fact I believe it’s a generic 31 December 9999. I’m not happy to say the least especially as they are still advertising the models as if there is no problem. I’m thinking of cancelling and getting a different make that has immediate delivery available.
Definitely appreciative of the frustration - but I doubt you'll find any manufacturer that has stock of anything. The shortage is affecting many brands - Volkswagen and Tesla in particular have been really badly hit. I think I saw some MGs, Fiat 500e and a couple of Leaf's marked as in stock on a browse a few days ago but that was it.

Reactions: Rbrian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is due for delivery thursday. Would mean just short of 4 months which I don't think is outrageous.

Turns out mine was built and delivered to the central storage facility some time ago - however I ordered with a panoramic roof. At the moment the factory isn't making Corsas with any optional extra, only paint choices, so they tied a car of the right spec and colour in to the order sans roof but since it didn't match the order exactly they just held it. Dealer only found out when they started making specific inquiries with their relationship manager at Vauxhall, so I am told.

Definitely appreciative of the frustration - but I doubt you'll find any manufacturer that has stock of anything. The shortage is affecting many brands - Volkswagen and Tesla in particular have been really badly hit. I think I saw some MGs, Fiat 500e and a couple of Leaf's marked as in stock on a browse a few days ago but that was it.
I have found a dealer with stock of EV’s, not Vauxhall, for immediate delivery. I’m seeing them tomorrow.

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ
327 Posts
I’m thinking of cancelling and getting a different make that has immediate delivery available.
I wish you the best of luck with that one. It’s the same pretty much everywhere now.

There’s a couple of Citroen C4 Electrics knocking about with immediate delivery that I’ve seen recently. Likewise with the DS3 crossback if you’re in the right place at the right time.

Other than that there’s the Hyundai Ioniq. Not immediate delivery but there’s a ship on its way to the UK right now with some still unsold cars on board. The choice of colors and trims is rapidly decreasing now so you can’t be too picky. But it’s an option if you’re desperate for something.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-E 2022
220 Posts
I have found a dealer with stock of EV’s, not Vauxhall, for immediate delivery. I’m seeing them tomorrow.
Fair enough - good luck with the purchase if you decide to go ahead.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-E 2022
220 Posts
Can confirm, order went in 7th Jan and should be delivered 28th April. My understanding is however that there might be longer delays if you order now - depends on component stock levels I guess.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can confirm, order went in 7th Jan and should be delivered 28th April. My understanding is however that there might be longer delays if you order now - depends on component stock levels I guess.
Stellantis is very much prioritising some models and variants over others, for example in March and much of April they we’re only building the e version of the 2008, at least when the Vigo line was operatin.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts