Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-E 2022
214 Posts
Stellantis is very much prioritising some models and variants over others, for example in March and much of April they we’re only building the e version of the 2008, at least when the Vigo line was operatin.
Makes sense. I would assume they might have to move components around their factories or divert supply depending on how big the back orders are for x models. The Corsa is a volume seller so hammering as many of those out when the proverbial hit the fan makes sense - then start working on the less volume cars like the e2008, eC4 maybe. It would explain why the lead times are currently enormous for the Corsa as per their calculator - if the Corsa doesn’t have manufacturing capacity for months and months due to diverting resources elsewhere.

I am no expert but I see the logic!

Wonder how the 500e is doing as it’s got entirely different gubbins…

·
Registered
99 Posts
Makes sense. I would assume they might have to move components around their factories or divert supply depending on how big the back orders are for x models. The Corsa is a volume seller so hammering as many of those out when the proverbial hit the fan makes sense - then start working on the less volume cars like the e2008, eC4 maybe. It would explain why the lead times are currently enormous for the Corsa as per their calculator - if the Corsa doesn’t have manufacturing capacity for months and months due to diverting resources elsewhere.

I am no expert but I see the logic!

Wonder how the 500e is doing as it’s got entirely different gubbins…
The Corsa is built in Zaragoza, and I believe they have had a number of stoppages also, just not quite as much as Vigo. The French and Slovakian plants are harder to suss out as the press is less active in reporting shutdowns. In general you would expect that when units are constrained a company would focus on those products with the highest marginal profit (as long as it is a 1-to-1 swap). Given the old PSA (e)CMP platform cars are then you could see trade outs amongst them. What was interesting was the prioritisation of electric over fossil fuel. This might be because of corporate CAFE, etc. Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the discussions.

I think you are right, the former FIAT lines and supply chains are really still very separate from the former PSA ones

·
Registered
99 Posts
Some insightful, if somewhat outdated, information. Looks like the Corsa line was being maintained when others weren't. Nothing about differences in production of the different fuel types.
Yeah, the Corsa line has probably been the least disrupted Spanish line for Stellantis. I have no comparison for the French or Slovak ones. There is definitely a lot better coverage of the Vigo operation, Peugeot 2008 on Line 1 and the small vans/minivans on line 2 (Berlingo, Partner, C4 Picasso, etc). There have been significant stoppages at that plan, summing to several weeks, plus lots of missing shifts. The current plan there has Line 1 working most weekdays (day and evening) with some night shifts. Line 2 is only day and evening with more stoppages and only producing the final run of the C4 Picasso (no vans).

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, having spoken to our dealer again this week we have established that our car still has no assigned build date. This despite it being ordered in December for a mid March delivery. So we have now cancelled the order and bought a VW Golf instead, which we pick up next week.
The dealer, Forest Gate, Corby, have been great, Vauxhall and their customer services, not so much.
It’s such a shame, as we were looking forward to the car, it drove really well on the test drive and was good value.
We just can’t wait till September for our replacement vehicle. Good luck to those prepared to wait it out I’m sure you will enjoy your cars.

·
Registered
214 Posts
So, having spoken to our dealer again this week we have established that our car still has no assigned build date. This despite it being ordered in December for a mid March delivery. So we have now cancelled the order and bought a VW Golf instead, which we pick up next week.
The dealer, Forest Gate, Corby, have been great, Vauxhall and their customer services, not so much.
It’s such a shame, as we were looking forward to the car, it drove really well on the test drive and was good value.
We just can’t wait till September for our replacement vehicle. Good luck to those prepared to wait it out I’m sure you will enjoy your cars.
A Golf?! If I was desperate for a car, I'd buy a cheap second hand one to tide me over until my new Corsa e was ready, and then sell it for about the same amount.

Of course I don't know your circumstances, and it's not for me to judge, so you do you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How frustrating for you. If they get the communication right it's not so bad. Hope you enjoy the Golf. I'm hoping to hear something about our ETA on the next week (ish) so will have to decide whether I look at other options then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it helps, I ordered Corsa e elite nav Mid November, originally told mid Jan for delivery but still waiting. Apparently it is in the UK but now there is a shortage of HGV drivers to transport it to the dealer 😭

·
Registered
3 Posts
It wouldn't have been so bad had they not initially told us the car was built, but one of the batch on hold for a safety recall (battery cooling?). As it turns out they haven't even started to build it (or have reallocated it to someone else for a higher price:unsure:)
Pity, we were looking forward to being a fully electric household, already owning an ID3. The Golf so far is a great little car, and fits our needs for the time being.
Good luck to all on the waiting list.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts