Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hmm could the case, I hear so much now but it seems discounted people have more issues. But again you have a point could be their configuration.

I myself have seen my order delivered as stock to other dealerships as it’s just a Mokka-e ultimate in white. But I suppose my dealerships smaller so may not be higher up on allocation despite when it was ordered.

honestly i have no idea how Vauxhall are distributing stock as on the Mokka-e forms it’s been noted those ordering after people with the same spec (different dealerships) are taking delivery first. I still help can’t be frustrated tho haha 😂

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are a few 'new' Corsa-e's appearing on Autotrader too - Mostly white ones. I suspect that the dealers are expecting (hoping for) a July delivery of Vauxhall electric cars. I hope that there a a lot of cars for the waiting people too, although, I suspect that the dealers do not yet have a clue what is in this batch.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting.
It's a strange world when cars with 10-15 thousand miles on the clock are going for more than new.
(Admittedly, in some cases I'm not sure if I'm comparing like-for-like with regard to spec)

·
Registered
Vauxhall Vivaro Cargo 50kwh
489 Posts
It's a strange world when cars with 10-15 thousand miles on the clock are going for more than new.
(Admittedly, in some cases I'm not sure if I'm comparing like-for-like with regard to spec)
That's been happening for a while, and is purely down to supply and demand. If you need a car, in normal times you'd have a choice between an expensive new car and a cheaper used car. Now, you have a choice of an expensive used car, or a new car next year. Maybe. If you need a car now, you have no choice.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
362 Posts
Mentioned this before, where i work there are numerous car dealerships on the same area. Likes of Audi, Merc, Volvo all have very empty forecourts with hardly any second hand stock. Only ones that seem to be ok in terms of plenty of cars on show is the VW and big TC Harrison Ford one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, it’s all abit strange as I am seeing pre reg Mokka E’s appearing with 10 miles in the clock. If I’m honest I think Vauxhall at least are prioritising this sales tactic for higher profits as people who ordered with a discount and lower APR before it went up are the ones being ignored now, myself included.

I suspect it’ll be somewhat the same on the Corsa side, but Vauxhall won’t tell us the truth let’s be honest as they would loose customers and reputation.

it’s all abit messed up to be honest.
I don’t think it’s the discount that causes issues. I bought mine back when they were giving £2750 deposit contributions and the dealer further discounted by a 4 figure sums plus the grant still existed.

What seems to mess everything up is options. I originally specced with a panoramic roof but they couldn’t get it so they simply allocated me a white equal spec stock car. They didn’t tell the dealership though so car was sat there for two weeks until Aston finally got their relationship manager from Vauxhall down who managed to solve it.

It may be that certain paints cause issues as well.
There are likely a number of issues at play right now, and how much they affect each of the eCMP cars will differ. Some production lines are likely maxed out, so even if all the parts are there they just cannot build any more of that model. For example Vigo system 1 (where the Peugeot e-2008s are built) can run up to about 6.6k per week. It has been a 5.3k for a while. Once you hit that limit you can't go faster in the near term. This could easily be the case with Mokkas (shared with DS model). On top of that there is the JiT issue. It not all the parts are expected to be in the factory at the same time your car won't be scheduled, and they won't hold the other parts waiting for the offending one to show-up, provided they can build another car with that part. My understanding is that panoramic roof deliveries haven't matched well with several other options. This is one of the reasons the higher standard specs disappear, but some of the bits remain on lower specs and people that option up some of those parts have no issues.

I also think there are a number of 'accidental builds'. This is because there are some weird touch points in the ordering system and at times some cars get double ordered or the spec gets changed accidentally. This even applies to online orders. As a result you have a fair few cars that are built but never delivered. I for one would reject the 2nd of the car I just had delivered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

My partner placed order for a Corsa-e back in late January. A few weeks later we were passing by so went into the dealer to ask about any updates, who said we have a build date on an early week in March and delivery expected early-mid April. All good. Back then the estimated delivery on the Vauxhall online store was around 7 weeks too. So that matches.

Last week the dealer called telling us the batteries are made in Ukraine and the factory has been bombed so now we don't know when the car will arrive, 'but it might be September'. Now, I don't think the batteries are made in Ukraine but maybe another part, but anyway.

Looking at Aston Vauxhall, they list a current estimated arrival time of week 38, which is September. The Vauxhall online store gives an estimated delivery of 25 weeks for all trims, which is also mid-September.

So the fact that any order made in late January has the same estimated arrival as one ordered today makes me wonder if something has gone wrong and the dealer didn't actually order the car. Surely if there's such a backlog a car ordered today should be arriving well after one ordered in January.

Or am I being too cynical, and this is to be expected?
I have also ordered a Corsa E from Aston Vauxhall, Melton Mowbray is a long way away, but they had it £2000 cheaper than my nearest (60 miles away) dealer. It was 12-16 weeks, which should be mid July to mid August. I'll wait and see
Me and the mrs ordered a Corsa E 50kwh Ultimate spec today at Cawdor Vauxhall in Carmarthen in West Wales and our estimated delivery time is July 2023. vauxhall could possibly stop taking orders soon temporarily just to keep up so if anybody wants one get in there fast!! The waiting list is getting worse for evs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it helps, I ordered Corsa e elite nav Mid November, originally told mid Jan for delivery but still waiting. Apparently it is in the UK but now there is a shortage of HGV drivers to transport it to the dealer 😭
Mine was ordered from the 7 that were apparently left back on the 13th of April, this was due to reach the UK in late May or early June. Apparently, it arrived in early June and I've seen an influx of people receiving them through other EV pages on FB etc, but I'm still waiting for mine. I've been told it is here but stuck at the port waiting to be picked up via transporter and taken to the dealership too. I did wonder if I've been fobbed off at it had been given to someone else as I've heard stories that The AA driving school had signed a big contract to be supplied Corsa E and also that priority was been given to direct customers rather than lease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
We just got the keys to our new Corsa-e.

Ordered in late January, so around 6 months in total and earlier than expected since they had originally estimated that September would be optimistic.

Surprisingly it has the newer gear selector toggle from the 2022D model (i.e. what the Mokka-e also has). While the dealer told us to expect the older gear lever.

We also ordered a Mokka-e in mid March. That landed at the dealer this week, just waiting for it to get its number plate etc. So that's pretty quick.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Ordered in late January, so around 6 months in total and earlier than expected since they had originally estimated that September would be optimistic.

Surprisingly it has the newer gear selector toggle from the 2022D model (i.e. what the Mokka-e also has). While the dealer told us to expect the older gear lever.

We also ordered a Mokka-e in mid March. That landed at the dealer this week, just waiting for it to get its number plate etc. So that's pretty quick.
That’s pretty quick on the Mokka E, i ordered first week in February in white and still waiting on it being built. Second one I’ve seen get delivered that was ordered in March.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Congratulations 🎊

Which variant did you order?

·
Registered
Vauxhall Vivaro Cargo 50kwh
489 Posts

I ordered in March, still no build date. I hope I also get the gear selector switch (same as my van has) instead of the lever!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered in March, still no build date. I hope I also get the gear selector switch (same as my van has) instead of the lever!
Same here, although hoping to get auto cruise control as the trim I ordered 'Elite Nav' isn't valid anymore. I asked my dealer about the same, but they don't know what would happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Congratulations 🎊

Which variant did you order?
The Corsa is an Elite Nav Premium, and Ultimate for the Mokka.

fwiw, the Mokka was ordered online from the Vauxhall website, where they give an estimated arrival date range of a few weeks. Which makes me wonder if that's why it arrived before other orders, since dealers don't give the same specific estimate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Corsa is an Elite Nav Premium, and Ultimate for the Mokka.

fwiw, the Mokka was ordered online from the Vauxhall website, where they give an estimated arrival date range of a few weeks. Which makes me wonder if that's why it arrived before other orders, since dealers don't give the same specific estimate.
Was it just the gear lever that was different in Corsa from the specs? As the ultimate trim now has different seat fabric and Auto cruise control. I am trying to guage what would happen to the 'Elite premium' I have on order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Was it just the gear lever that was different in Corsa from the specs? As the ultimate trim now has different seat fabric and Auto cruise control. I am trying to guage what would happen to the 'Elite premium' I have on order.
No auto cruise, just normal.

I'm not familiar enough with the differences in seat design to know that one.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts