Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

My partner placed order for a Corsa-e back in late January. A few weeks later we were passing by so went into the dealer to ask about any updates, who said we have a build date on an early week in March and delivery expected early-mid April. All good. Back then the estimated delivery on the Vauxhall online store was around 7 weeks too. So that matches.

Last week the dealer called telling us the batteries are made in Ukraine and the factory has been bombed so now we don't know when the car will arrive, 'but it might be September'. Now, I don't think the batteries are made in Ukraine but maybe another part, but anyway.

Looking at Aston Vauxhall, they list a current estimated arrival time of week 38, which is September. The Vauxhall online store gives an estimated delivery of 25 weeks for all trims, which is also mid-September.

So the fact that any order made in late January has the same estimated arrival as one ordered today makes me wonder if something has gone wrong and the dealer didn't actually order the car. Surely if there's such a backlog a car ordered today should be arriving well after one ordered in January.

Or am I being too cynical, and this is to be expected?
I work at jaguar landrover definitely hold ups on parts we have been stopping production on and off for lsst 12mths but seems to be getting better

·
Registered
289 Posts
Was it just the gear lever that was different in Corsa from the specs? As the ultimate trim now has different seat fabric and Auto cruise control. I am trying to guage what would happen to the 'Elite premium' I have on order.
No auto cruise, just normal.

I'm not familiar enough with the differences in seat design to know that one.
In general a 'like-for-like' parts swap will get incorporated, so the gear selector wasn't one they would carry different parts into future builds. Those BoMs just 'get updated'. Options and option sets are a different manner. As long as the item in the std pack you ordered remains available as an option you should expect that your order will have that. Of course, in reality it doesn't always happen. However, it isn't included that constitutes a breach of contract. The issue of proving loss is a whole other mess. Where it is a specifically priced option they have to refund you that cost. When it is buried in a trim level things become messier.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Vivaro Cargo 50kwh
489 Posts
In general a 'like-for-like' parts swap will get incorporated, so the gear selector wasn't one they would carry different parts into future builds. Those BoMs just 'get updated'. Options and option sets are a different manner. As long as the item in the std pack you ordered remains available as an option you should expect that your order will have that. Of course, in reality it doesn't always happen. However, it isn't included that constitutes a breach of contract. The issue of proving loss is a whole other mess. Where it is a specifically priced option they have to refund you that cost. When it is buried in a trim level things become messier.
It isn't a loss - the Elite is no longer available, replaced by the Ultimate, which appears identical apart from now having adaptive cruise. Those of us who ordered an Elite are hoping for a free upgrade to the Ultimate, that's all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It isn't a loss - the Elite is no longer available, replaced by the Ultimate, which appears identical apart from now having adaptive cruise. Those of us who ordered an Elite are hoping for a free upgrade to the Ultimate, that's all.
I have lost track of the trim changes, somethings go, something come, and it is different for the Mokkas, Corsas, Peugeots, etc. In reality I think a lot of these changes are to simplify the logistics on the supply chain. I am surprised they are still offering lots of things as options on other trim levels.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
362 Posts
I have lost track of the trim changes, somethings go, something come, and it is different for the Mokkas, Corsas, Peugeots, etc. In reality I think a lot of these changes are to simplify the logistics on the supply chain. I am surprised they are still offering lots of things as options on other trim levels.
Its something Vauxhall have a track record of doing....when we got our Insignia it was fairly early after the new shape was released but it didnt take long for things to start dropping off the standard kit list. Even things like the rear wiper for the hatchback was no longer standard kit!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Its something Vauxhall have a track record of doing....when we got our Insignia it was fairly early after the new shape was released but it didnt take long for things to start dropping off the standard kit list. Even things like the rear wiper for the hatchback was no longer standard kit!
Doh! Other companies do the opposite, start with few options and then add. We have seen all of the trim levels across the exPSA CMP cars get paired back over the last 6-9 months. However, the exact combos of which features are different for each brand. That will make scheduling much easier on a factory by factory basis. However, they are still allowing many of the problematic combinations as added cost options, which makes little sense

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pestered our dealer for some information on our end-of-March order.
No information on our order at all and delays across the board. Across the group they've only had one Corsa-e delivered recently, and that was a January order.
So pretty depressing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Placed my order in Jan with an estimated delivery of April. A week before the delivery date I called the dealership who told me that delivery would now be September. Since they I've had a delivery date of July and now August. Just phone the dealership who said the car should be here next week (Week beg 8th Aug). We will see. I've asked if I can wait until 1st Sept to get the new plate but they weren't; keen and will get back to me about that. Do you think I'm OK waiting for it to be delayed for a couple of weeks? I asked what trim it was and he thought it was the Elite premium as I had ordered not the Ultimate trim.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Placed my order in Jan with an estimated delivery of April. A week before the delivery date I called the dealership who told me that delivery would now be September. Since they I've had a delivery date of July and now August. Just phone the dealership who said the car should be here next week (Week beg 8th Aug). We will see. I've asked if I can wait until 1st Sept to get the new plate but they weren't; keen and will get back to me about that. Do you think I'm OK waiting for it to be delayed for a couple of weeks? I asked what trim it was and he thought it was the Elite premium as I had ordered not the Ultimate trim.
Just make sure they don't give your car to someone else without one in the pipeline for you. Last thing you want is to pass on this one and then find yourself waiting indefinitely.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I’m getting really frustrated. I ordered mid-March and original delivery date was mid August. They stood by this date until last week… they’re now not sure and saying maybe November. They also can’t say whether options such as the glass roof will be honoured given the spec changes.

It’s the lack of communication / any idea what’s going on which is getting to me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I ordered an Elite in March - it's no longer available to order, replaced by the Ultimate. The only difference seems to be that the Ultimate has adaptive cruise. I've been told that what I ordered would be what I got, but someone upthread said they got a gear switch like the Mokka instead of a lever, so now I'm hopeful I'll get other upgrades! My dealer (Aston Vauxhall) will deliver it for free, or hold it for a week or two, but after that they'll charge a storage fee. I'm not sure if it would be registered before storing - probably depends on the dealer's budgets.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I’m getting really frustrated. I ordered mid-March and original delivery date was mid August. They stood by this date until last week… they’re now not sure and saying maybe November. They also can’t say whether options such as the glass roof will be honoured given the spec changes.

It’s the lack of communication / any idea what’s going on which is getting to me.
To be fair, it isn't really the dealer's fault. The supply issue isn't entirely Stellantis's fault, but the lack of communication is. Even then, they're no worse than others - MG closed their order books, and VW actually cancelled orders!

·
Registered
289 Posts
To be fair, it isn't really the dealer's fault. The supply issue isn't entirely Stellantis's fault, but the lack of communication is. Even then, they're no worse than others - MG closed their order books, and VW actually cancelled orders!
So true, if you read the other vehicle specific forums the comms seems par for the course. VAG is atrocious, even the Koreans get a lot of flak.

Things to keep in mind.
  1. Even if the standard trim specifications change as long as the item in your trim remains available as an option you would expect it to be included (caveats apply below)
  2. Items that are 'swapped out' across the board, eg the shifter interface will tend to get replaced even if your order was placed before that change – you are not ordering a specific BoM and 'like-for-like' swaps are to be expected. There will be a time where people get 'Franked-cars' as the parts bins work their way through
  3. While companies will do some prioritisation on margins for cars, the biggest prioritisation is to keep build slots full. Having empty build slots is a big loss. This results in several outcomes
    1. Simpler specification cars, generally below the top trim and without many extra options or low demand options, will tend to have shorter lead-times.
    2. If the lead-time on a specific bit flows 'out to infinity' it will get dropped – conversely sometimes you will get extra bits as the supplier moves to supply only those components
  4. There is no 'bin of chips'. The components come from suppliers as units, so the chips are already incorporated. What may change is the priotisiation of micro-controller allocation. However, this only applies if Stellantis, etc are the middleman in the process. In many cases the chips are sourced directly by the suppliers.
When you see trim levels being paired back, dropped, or rationalised you can bet that they are trying to reduced the supply chain complexity. It isn't always the top-end that goes, but many times the middle trims, especially if people then tend to add an option here and there to those cars. The Koreans often have few to know add-on options, just trim levels for this reason.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts