Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably Crash & Burn badly, but I am going to ask anyway.

Has anyone tried any Aero mods or anything else to extend the range of their e-golf.

1: Lighten
2: Aero mods
3: Or this :oops::oops::oops: It actually works

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Eco mode and drive under the speed limit. Not very exotic but effective.
Most Definitely boring, but most likely the best option. I am thinking though that most mods really would only shine when on M/way speeds (70mph) & above

BUT, my inner tinkerer is itching to mess about... I had my car up on ramps when I was de-chroming the front chrome stripe and tinting the C shapes. (same with the rear... I couldn't help but notice the massive gaps around the front and the battery and there is a MASSIVE gap from the rear of the battery to the rear bumper... I was thinking that area is crying out for a belly pan infill. or something to smooth out the underside as much as possible. When I had my Kia Soul EV up on the same ramps it was pretty much smooth from the front bumper to rear bumper...and we all know that Kia/Hyundai have their aero and efficiency tied down..

I dunno. I'm just curious 🤔 🤔

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to clean up the back. The e-Golf still needs cooling airflow in front so you might want to be more careful there not to block air that needs to pass through the motor compartment.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Though for the vast majority of time the cooling will be too great in order to cope for worst case scenarious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts