Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Batch 5 seems to have come and gone and my January order was clearly not in it. Does anyone have any news or theories when Batch 6 might arrive?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
You read my mind as I was just about to start the same thread! Was hoping that a month further on, we might start to hear some news.

Just looking, Morning Classic is off the coast of northern Spain heading up towards La Manche with ETA Immingham at 11pm tomorrow. Who knows what's on it though, probably the Scottish and Irish rugby teams :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
In port now and offloading I’m guessing. Can you hear the Kia customer services portal software grinding as slowly as ever 🙄

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the right kind of ship and it has gone to the right port. Whether there are any Kia cars on board, and in particular any e-Niros, is the big question. I'm assuming it will be next week before any more specific information seeps out. Hence I shall return to a calm and contemplative state, knowing that nothing I do or say will make any difference!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
My understanding of the system (I’ve posted this before) is that Kia’s logistics partner offloads the cars, allocates a tag to them and starts the process of tracking the vehicle for eventual delivery.

An early part of this would be allocating the VIN which presumably is the first opportunity for someone viewing the portal to see the allocated vehicle’s identity. From here they should be able to see its progress from port to arrival on a transporter.

My only concern remains the fact that I was told early on I was 267 of 300 cars in these batches. The earlier Kia letter suggests that October was the last date for delivery of vehicles in the second wave and that any remaining orders would be Jan 2020.

I’m gonna be really p’d off if there’s no more news for another 3 months now. Especially when vehicles ordered after mine have already arrived :mad:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Stand by your beds, I’ve had a phone call at last. I think the dealer is managing expectations though cos he’s said maybe 4 weeks or so. Hoping it’ll happen sooner than that now.

Guess it was on Morning Classic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard from one person via Facebook that they have been notified their car should be delivered in November. Has anybody else received a similar notification in the last week? If so then maybe Kia UK are not indulging in the stockpiling process as reported for Kia Spain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a very positive update today. Apparently a ship is on its way and is due to dock late next week. My dealer tells me that my car is on it, so I should have it before the end of the month. If so then my total wait time will have been 10 months. From the happy statements made by many owners (despite some well-known issues) it will have been worth the wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive just started talking with my dealer about changing to an E Niro, And he has said that they are expecting a Demo car in in the next few weeks, and if I order one, maybe March '20 for a new one.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ive just started talking with my dealer about changing to an E Niro, And he has said that they are expecting a Demo car in in the next few weeks, and if I order one, maybe March '20 for a new one.
Don’t believe it! Just based on my experience.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I've had a very positive update today. Apparently a ship is on its way and is due to dock late next week. My dealer tells me that my car is on it, so I should have it before the end of the month. If so then my total wait time will have been 10 months. From the happy statements made by many owners (despite some well-known issues) it will have been worth the wait.
Still no more news on mine. Maybe they were telling porkies and it’s on same ship as yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It seems that demand in Ireland is less than the UK. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and expect it around March.

If I had ordered it in late Sept, I would definitely have got one in January.

Mind you, i'm hoping for a Second Edition unit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don’t believe it! Just based on my experience.
Sorta Believe the demo one but will be taking the estimated delivery with a huge pinch of salt, Im still expecting mid next year!

But I dont know the demand in Ireland,which i'd say would have the same car as the UK

Funnily enough I dont want it before march, Gives me more time to get my pennies in order

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems that demand in Ireland is less than the UK. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and expect it around March.

If I had ordered it in late Sept, I would definitely have got one in January.

Mind you, i'm hoping for a Second Edition unit
I should have hit the show new post, but yeah ive seen the dash on the new hybrids and damn its nice. Dealer there is changes on the new cars, and it should be like the hybrids, As Ireland only gets one version of the hybrid too with the 10" screen.

My reasoning/hoping is, why make 2 different dashes for a low volume car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts