1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got this?

ICSH7C
ICS EV Charger 7kW AC

I can get it installed for 499(including Grant) which seems fine but cant get any reviews or info on it other than their own site.

it will be for a kia e-niro.

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
353 Posts
From the technical specifications page (that you linked to);

“The ICSH7C is not designed for use in OZEV approved installations”

That seems to suggest that it is not on the OZEV approved list and therefore not eligible for the grant, so I would check how you were able to be quoted including the grant.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Anyone got this?

ICSH7C
ICS EV Charger 7kW AC

I can get it installed for 499(including Grant) which seems fine but cant get any reviews or info on it other than their own site.

it will be for a kia e-niro.

Thanks
What is the backup in a year's time if it stops working. Norway?
It's not even a question of warranties: if you need it working to get to work, go about your business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@freddym
Ah ok turns out its the the ICSW7C which is smart and does qualify not the ICSH7C which is dumb
assume Warranty would be same as with any manafacturer?

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
@freddym
Ah ok turns out its the the ICSW7C which is smart and does qualify not the ICSH7C which is dumb
assume Warranty would be same as with any manafacturer?

As per my first post, its not about warranties. Ok, lets say its failed on Sunday night in a years time. Will there be a guy on your doorstep by Monday night replacing it: if not how long will you be without charging. For me, this is the key requirement, for others it might not matter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As per my first post, its not about warranties. Ok, lets say its failed on Sunday night in a years time. Will there be a guy on your doorstep by Monday night replacing it: if not how long will you be without charging. For me, this is the key requirement, for others it might not matter.
No I get that but why would Norway have anything to do with it?
if my podpoint fails sunday night will someone be fixing it Monday morning?

Which manafacture/installer do offer that service? cos if someone does then yes I'd pay a premium to use them or that device.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
No I get that but why would Norway have anything to do with it?
if my podpoint fails sunday night will someone be fixing it Monday morning?

Which manafacture/installer do offer that service? cos if someone does then yes I'd pay a premium to use them or that device.
Ok, a Norwegian manufacturer ( it could be any other country) sets up a UK company as their reseller, or authorised dealer. Then they fall out, or the distributor goes bust. Who is left holding the baby. Alternatively you buy from a UK based manufacturer who is in it for the long run, has a reputation. But it pays to do due diligence and check out what the included service response is, online diagnosis perhaps? Or go down the route of buying a unit that any local electrician can fix. There is no right or wrong, just include it in your evaluation. It's not say a vacuum cleaner or some other consumer throw away item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts