Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Absoutely love Instavolt, they take all the worry out of charging as they take contactless and seem to have bomb proof units.

I was wondering, are there any other networks you would recommend which are similar? Would like to filter my zap map on reliable rapids which have no app, no RFID card and just take contactless payments. Mainly so my wife can use the car without any worry, but would also lower my stress levels!

James

·
Registered
58 Posts
I find ESB chargers very good (ESB EV Solutions filter on Zapmap). They take contactless, though only have points in London & Coventry

·
Registered
280 Posts
Engenie do contactless as well as RFID, I've used the RFID but not bothered with the contactless yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. They seem to be at Marston Pubs, I've used one in Sterling, Scotland and one in Maidstone, Kent. It's amazing how far you can get in a R110 Zoe, even with slow 22 kWh charging :)

https://engenie.co.uk/

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Polar are retrofitting all their rapid chargers with contactless readers. Though it is a bit convoluted (touch card on payment reader, then touch on polar RFID again to start)

I find ESB chargers very good (ESB EV Solutions filter on Zapmap). They take contactless, though only have points in London & Coventry
This ESB EV solutions near my home isn't contactless?
https://www.zap-map.com/pts/cp8197i/

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Polar are retrofitting all their rapid chargers with contactless readers. Though it is a bit convoluted (touch card on payment reader, then touch on polar RFID again to start)
Hopefully the two parts of the system don't need to communicate with a remote server over seperate telecom connections.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
To quote from Chargemaster's e-mail:

"We know that the Payter contactless devices we use will work with our UK-made rapid chargers, which can be identified by the serial numbers starting ‘24xxx’ on our map/app and on Zap-Map etc. It is doubtful that we will be able to upgrade legacy rapid chargers such as the French-made DBT charger you reference below, since these are very old and we have no certainty that contactless payment will be compatible with this equipment."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts