Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a day early, but is anyone going to have a sleepless night tonight awaiting their new EV for September 1st collection and the new 64 plate?

If so, hope it goes well (or if you read this tomorrow/after tomorrow, went well). :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know it's a day early, but is anyone going to have a sleepless night tonight awaiting their new EV for September 1st collection and the new 64 plate?

If so, hope it goes well (or if you read this tomorrow/after tomorrow, went well). :D
Yup - finally picking up my i3 Rex on the 1st (and ditching the Zoe).

Can. Not. Wait.

·
Registered
12 Posts
should have had a nice shiney Black LEAF Tekna on the 1st Sept, but was informed on Thursday, Tekna will not arrive at dealership from Sunderland until 5th Sept, so should receive it week commencing 8th Sept.

but we do get a LEAF on Tues 2nd to use until the Tekna is ready,

should have said, this is our 1st EV

·
Leaf lover
4,394 Posts
This post poses the question "what will your next ev be?" because we are now at such an interesting stage in ev ownership, current car getting old, lease deals ending, etc.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Wonky number plates probably play a huge part in road rage.
Could be worse: the plates on mine were the wrong registration (SK instead of SN), and it was the incorrect registration I'd told my insurance company.
Imagine, had I not noticed the difference on the paperwork, an encounter with a police officer or an insurance claim...

·
Registered
109 Posts
My car also came with incorrect licence plate on the front (The M should have been a N). Luckily all the paperwork was correct, but it was about 3 weeks before I noticed.

When I took it back they were really apologetic and said it would be no trouble at all to get new plates knocked up. I asked if they could be plain without the dealer name/logo but they said that wasn't possible :-(

All the other dealer stickers were off straight away, and the tax disc holder will be coming off on 1st October :) Well, I wasn't going to buy one just for a couple of months or so!

edit: Despite the thread title, this isn't a 64 plate car - I'm just recounting my Volt purchase

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I assume everyone else whips off the dealer stickers, tax disk holder (RIP dear friends) and such at the first possible stop?

Apologies all dealers, but really, no. :)
Oh yes, thankfully mine was a very easy to remove (and very large!) sticker from the back window. I don't mind them putting their name on the reg plates, but I hate the bigger logos.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts