Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enniskillen has Tesco and Asda facing off against one another on Neighbouring sites,but only Asda have a fuel station on site,and a chargemaster post...I'm prepared to ask Tesco if they have plans to install chargers,I'm just curious if any of their branches are on the map already..The only reference on the situation I can see was a news article from 2009 and a Zap Map remark that Tesco Coleraine had an Ecar Charger..The Tesco Staff Member I spoke to there a few months ago knew nothing about one,and I couldn't find one in the carpark..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hiya, new tescos in Lincoln has two podpoints. They are on zap map but probably because I told them about them. Plus they haven't worked since installation but they are working on it. So might be putting more nationwide?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya, new tescos in Lincoln has two podpoints. They are on zap map but probably because I told them about them. Plus they haven't worked since installation but they are working on it. So might be putting more nationwide?
Here's hoping!:)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
There is a charge point at Tesco in Ramsey, Cambs. Not that it's advertised anywhere. And it wasn't working last time I visited ! :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
I work at tesco HQ in Welwyn, there is 2 charge points outside of the main building, but this is about 15 mins walk to welwyn town centre. Not sure if this is of any use though!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tesco's should be leading the pack with this, unfortunately it's another example of them losing their way!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We have committed to support the pilot scheme in central London, run by Transport for London, and are looking to install 40 electric vehicle charging points across some of our London stores.

Electric car charging points have been installed at three of our London stores - Kensington, Bromley-by-Bow and Kennington - offering customers the opportunity to charge their electric car for free.

If the trial is successful, the service will become available in more stores nationwide.

I hope this helps and you should see them soon enough.

Thanks again for contacting us and if there is anything else I can do for you, please reply to this email. Alternatively, you could call us on 0800 505555/0330 123 4055, where my colleagues will also be more than happy to assist.

Kind regards

Elin Morgan
Tesco Customer Service

and it appears if they have them the don't know they exist

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Tesco's should be leading the pack with this, unfortunately it's another example of them losing their way!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We have committed to support the pilot scheme in central London, run by Transport for London, and are looking to install 40 electric vehicle charging points across some of our London stores.

Electric car charging points have been installed at three of our London stores - Kensington, Bromley-by-Bow and Kennington - offering customers the opportunity to charge their electric car for free.

If the trial is successful, the service will become available in more stores nationwide.

I hope this helps and you should see them soon enough.

Thanks again for contacting us and if there is anything else I can do for you, please reply to this email. Alternatively, you could call us on 0800 505555/0330 123 4055, where my colleagues will also be more than happy to assist.

Kind regards

Elin Morgan
Tesco Customer Service

and it appears if they have them the don't know they exist

When you contact Elin can you say that I tried to use their "Kensington" - I'd say Earls Court store. The spaces were all ICEd and it was impossible

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry - reviving an old thread (not that old!)

I'm new to the EV world and want to explore with my local tesco's the possibility of having a charger installed at their store, they've just upgraded their coffee shop and they're right on the A27, incredibly handy for local users but also for people passing through. Have spoken to the customer service people (damn they ask a lot of questions about EVs!) and they've passed me on to head office :-(. All they could say was that the carpark is operated by a private company with a 3 hour parking limit, but they have local override in store, just give them your reg and you can park all day.

When approaching head office (of tesco's or any other), is there a tried and tested way of doing that, what are people's experiences? Happy to wing it but if there's something that can make the odds more favourable, i'll do that.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Considering their precarious financial position I doubt you'd get much joy. It could be a good PR exercise, God knows Tesco's need it, but I seriously think they've got a lot on their plate at the moment; stores being closed, new stores being moth balled days before opening, plans for new stores pulled.

I'd wait to see their first quarter results to see if Tesco as we know them are still around. Ripe for take over I recon.

What about other stores or supermarkets near you? Or a ZCW charger at your local pub?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Considering their precarious financial position I doubt you'd get much joy. It could be a good PR exercise, God knows Tesco's need it, but I seriously think they've got a lot on their plate at the moment; stores being closed, new stores being moth balled days before opening, plans for new stores pulled.

I'd wait to see their first quarter results to see if Tesco as we know them are still around. Ripe for take over I recon.

What about other stores or supermarkets near you? Or a ZCW charger at your local pub?
Speaking for Northern Ireland,and Enniskillen in Particular,Asda appear to be the only supermarket offering charging near Me..OTOH,the public (ECarNI) chargers are fairly well distributed,though located more for the Town Centre visitors rather than the retail parks further out..There's 5xdual charge units in the town's paid carparks..I signed up for the chargemaster app,so will be paying Asda a visit soon..
Gah...The Asda CM post doesn't have a type 2 socket..2x 3 pin sockets only...

·
Super Moderator
5,913 Posts

One of my locals has got 2 ZCW chargers, in fact the MK group of SpeakEVers met there last year. If you can get any business like a pub interested then get them in touch with @Kevin Sharpe or @Cara Naden :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry - reviving an old thread (not that old!)

I'm new to the EV world and want to explore with my local tesco's the possibility of having a charger installed at their store, they've just upgraded their coffee shop and they're right on the A27, incredibly handy for local users but also for people passing through. Have spoken to the customer service people (damn they ask a lot of questions about EVs!) and they've passed me on to head office :-(. All they could say was that the carpark is operated by a private company with a 3 hour parking limit, but they have local override in store, just give them your reg and you can park all day.

When approaching head office (of tesco's or any other), is there a tried and tested way of doing that, what are people's experiences? Happy to wing it but if there's something that can make the odds more favourable, i'll do that.
From past experience, at every opportunity ask them, on Twitter, Facebook customer service, write to the manager of the store. Enroll family members and continue to be a pain, it might not work but it will make you feel better, however I live 4 miles from the nearest village in the middle or nowhere and BT installed Fibre to premises last year :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
When you contact Elin can you say that I tried to use their "Kensington" - I'd say Earls Court store. The spaces were all ICEd and it was impossible
Dear Andrew

Thank you for your email.

That’s no problem at all I have added this to the relevant log on our system.

It is something we are trying to resolve and have a few potential plans to put in place in the near future, currently there should be a marking on the floor however petrol/diesel car users seem to not notice this which is clearly causing a problem.

Thanks again for letting us know.

Kind regards

Elin Morgan
Tesco Customer Service

1 - 20 of 86 Posts