Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,691 Posts
Its anyones guess. The dealers don't know anything. There was a Kia press release about their upcoming Electric plans in which the Soul was said to be starting deliveries in April but it was just tacked on to the end of the story so who knows.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is that the first batch of e-soul have to be on these first two as DON PASQUALE V-111 isn't back in Korea until early April to pick up the next load.

PortDepartureEUKORAgentPortArrivalEUKORAgent
Vessel / VoyagePort of LoadingPort of Discharging
GRAND URANUS V-045 PYEONGTAEK2020-01-20EA IMMINGHAM, U.K.2020-03-09EA
MORNING CONDUCTOR V-117 PYEONGTAEK2020-02-14EA IMMINGHAM, U.K.2020-03-17EA

PortDepartureEUKORAgentPortArrivalEUKORAgent
Vessel / VoyagePort of LoadingPort of Discharging
DON PASQUALE V-111 IMMINGHAM, U.K.2020-02-24EA PYEONGTAEK, KOREA2020-04-09EA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Several of us have found out yesterday and today that our Souls are currently in shipping, due for delivery within the next few weeks! Very exciting!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yup, was told I should be getting one latter part of March. Now I have to get the Volt sold...

PS the Volt sold within a day and about twelve people in the wings in case the original sale falls through. Maybe I set too low a price as I asked just a small amount more than the Kia dealer offered in p/x assuming I was going to be knocked back.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Order confirmed here for late march too. For anyone with a Kia for part exchange you can ask for a £500 discount because you qualify for a Kia Family discount. You only get it when you ask though.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
£500

Discount and the trade value of your old Kia car?
Yes got a trade in price and then said about the kia family £500 offer. Weirdly the price they quoted 2 months ago was £1200 less for our trade in Soul. Didnt bother pushing for more, theres no way they are going to sell it on for a profit even without the £500 extra. Lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine arrives Immingham on the 16th. Morning Conductor I assume. Should get it at the end of the month. At that point we'll have a complete set - Niro, Soul and Kona.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Mine arrives Immingham on the 16th. Morning Conductor I assume. Should get it at the end of the month. At that point we'll have a complete set - Niro, Soul and Kona.
We have a similar estimate for delivery. Demonstrator arived at dealer today and got a test drive. Very nice in person inside and out, considerably more premium and seems slightly bigger in the interior to us. Power, drive and comfort is good and dropping the boot floor to its lower level makes it considerably bigger than our current Soul. We have gone for blue/black but the demonstrator in white/red looks really nice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went into my dealer today to go through finance options. Was originally told delivery to them was on 19th, but today their system appears to say it won’t be until the 24th... bit frustrating, but only a few days I suppose. The staff there didn’t really know why or what was going on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It looks like the dealers have recently been receiving their demonstrators. I went to mine, Marsh Kia Taunton, and had a look over their soul demo (blue) yesterday. It hadn't been prepared so was still covered with plastic film and wasn't ready to drive but it looked good.
I was disappointed to see it was shod with Nexens - the budget tyres that made the road noise so intrusive on my Kona. The Niro came with Michelins and was so much quieter.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
It looks like the dealers have recently been receiving their demonstrators. I went to mine, Marsh Kia Taunton, and had a look over their soul demo (blue) yesterday. It hadn't been prepared so was still covered with plastic film and wasn't ready to drive but it looked good.
I was disappointed to see it was shod with Nexens - the budget tyres that made the road noise so intrusive on my Kona. The Niro came with Michelins and was so much quieter.
On test drive I noticed it seemed road noise was quieter than our Kona had been driving on b roads at up to 60.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've seen a few people report the delivery of e-Niro's on 10th April, so that's between the Morning Conductor and the Morning Lily. My hunch is that it's the Glovis Spirit

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Morning Conductor seems to have missed the turning in for Hull and is currently slowly heading north. Perhaps they are going to do a little sightseeing in the North sea before sampling the delights of social isolation in Immingham.

PS It finally docked last night !9/03

1 - 17 of 17 Posts